Can we give Mercy some little buffs?

I’m not. The equation becomes much more complicated when you bring kits into the equation.

What kind of healing does I-field provide?
What kind of advantage does bio add give?
What about Moira being able to heal 5 teammates consistently while doing damage?

Like, not only do I think it’s unfair to simply write off Res as “just a burst heal” as it’s much riskier and more scarce than that description implies, but the mechanic as a whole is entirely different from what other heroes provide.

2 Likes

The change in question (to 50) occurred nearly a year ago

Blizzard has had plenty of time to look at the results as data, and they havent made any changes to this aspect of her kit in that time.

To me, the silence speaks volumes on how they view the current base healing rate

1 Like

Doesn’t mean I’m not allowed to want it.

2 Likes

I can say with 100% certainty that I don’t think she needs it, but it would be so OP in my hands that I wouldn’t be mad at 55 hps. I do think that a change like that would set a precedent for the future when it comes to certain kids on these forums and their unrelenting demands for largely unnecessary change.

3 Likes

True

Want is fine…I want to be rich, athletic, and invent the cure for the common cold

and for my favorite local pizza joint to open once again after being closed for the last several years

Not gonna happen, but I do definitely want those things

That said, a lot of folks in this and other threads like this one use the word “need” in place of the more proper word “want”…and further, every player should realize there are thousands upon thousands upon thousands of other players playing in the same (virtual) identical sandbox, and so a change said player wants if implemented is then inflicted on all other players.

Her healing totals should honestly be higher than anyone else.

You know why?

Firstly, Mercy’s kit has has zero potential to either burst heal or significantly increase her HPs temporarily. And no, Resurrect does not count because it is far too unreliable. If she can’t burst heal, she should rack up the most healing.

Secondly, her overall damage done over the course of the match (even when adding in damage boosted) is significantly lower than anyone else. Like, ridiculously lower. Meaning… Mercy is spending a lot more time an energy on healing, especially since her pistol actually has the third highest DPS among healer guns. If she spends THAT much time on healing, she should end up with the highest healing numbers.

With those two things in mind, merely being “on par” is arguably too weak.

2 Likes

I can only speak from my own experiences but I almost always outheal other supports as Mercy and I’m still able to damage boost when it matters. The only exception to this is when I am on a team running tank heavy comps and usually Ana/Moira can outheal Mercy with that kind of set up.

Advocating a significant disparity in HPS purely for your own benefit is pretty disingenuous.

3 Likes

There was a time where Mercy’s healing was buffed to 60hp for that reason.

Quite simply, sustained healing is cute, but it’s not enough to give Mercy players the freedom of doing more with their time outside of trying to keep team mates alive at those numbers. Even Animetic herself made complaints about it in the Geoff appreciation thread.

Even now, the issue with her kit, and Valkyrie, is that it is often too easy to have teammates die right in front of you, simply due to the amount of damage output heroes do now. In short, it’s not enough.

55hp would help with that lack, and I think a burst heal would be beneficial as well. Something that’s been discussed for years now has been a burst heal on her reload when she holds her staff. It doesn’t have to be a lot more, but something that allows her to better compete with the other main healers is something I see no problem adding to the game.

It’s time to make Mercy more impactful, engaging, and rewarding to play. I believe some sort of improvements to either her healing, her rez, or a new ability to widen her skill expression would be very warmly welcomed. Those that feel that #MercyIsFine is completely entitled to do so. But the amount of healing she does now, simply isn’t doing it for me. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

It’s clearly not time, and hasn’t been time, for quite some time.

2 Likes

I can say without blushing that I don’t know of any forum member who uses or acknowledges said hash tag as being a real a thing except for a forum member who clearly believes she is not fine.

I personally find this quite perplexing.

I can say without blushing that the really good news here is that there are over 2 dozen other characters for a person who feels this way to choose from, and thousands of other games as well.

Why
cant
you
understand
that
this
is
a
video
game
and
that
video
games
are
supposed
to
be
fun
Mercy
is
boring
to
play
and
needs
changes
to
her
quality
of
life

3 Likes

Considering the amount of interest the game has had now, vs before her rework, I’m going to have to disagree there, and I think such changes are just some of the many changes that I believe would help bring more interest in the game as a whole. But hey! We’re all entitled to our opinions. To each their own. Numbers certainly don’t lie either way. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

I’d definitely like to see some buffs for Mercy. I don’t like her current state and I feel like what she’s turned into (essentially a damage boost battery) isn’t fun nor is it in the spirit of being an actual healer.

I said it in another thread but here are the changes I’d love to see for her:

Caduceus Staff:
*Damage Boost has been removed. New secondary is a channeled beam that deals 25 damage per second and reduces their damage caused by 30%.
*Healing increased to 55 HPS.

Caduceus Blaster:
*can now also heal allies.

Valkyrie:
Is now the “E” ability. On a 30 second cooldown.

Rez:
Is now the Ultimate ability. Can now also be triggered if Mercy is dead, allowing her to revive herself. If Mercy uses it to revive herself, Valkyrie is automatically triggered and does not trigger a cooldown.

Many feel this way, but many others do not…

The correct term is “want” rather than “need”

Mercy is being played right now in hundreds (even thousands) of games, without this change being in place

Further, many many players do not want any changes

1 Like

Wait… You… you mean you’re supposed to have fun in a video game? And that it’s not only about balance? You mean… Fun in a video game, does actually matter?

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

I can say without blushing that I know of no valid evidence to back a claim that the lack of such changes has caused the interest in the game to diminish

and similarly

I know of no valid evidence to back a claim that making such changes would increase interest in the game

The only buff Mercy needs is thiccer thighs.

So what? Mercy isn’t “fun” to play

1. Stop acting like you speak for everyone, there are lots of players who think she’s “fun”
  2. This is a competitive team based game where the point is to WIN if you’re not having fun, too bad too sad
  3. No buff or qol change you give mercy is going to make her “fun”, she still has a similar, if not, the same playstyle as before-rework so you can get out with that she’s not “fun”
  4. If you don’t enjoy playing her, thats not a balance problem thats a YOU problem
1 Like

The really great news here is that many, many, many players are having fun playing Overwatch as I type this response, and also as one reads this response

Similarly great news is that many players who do not find Overwatch enjoyable are playing one or more of thousands of other games, games they do enjoy

1 Like

Why don’t others understand that saying she is balanced is also an opinion. I agree with you actually, but I have no problem with others stating their opinions. Your opinions are not more valid than their opinions. My opinions are not more valid than your or theirs either.

2 Likes