Can we give Mercy some little buffs?

I think Mercy should get a buff on her healing rate from 50 to 55hps per sec. Her healing rate is kinda slow imo and i think her slow during res needs to be reduced for like idk from 75% to 45% or 35% ? I wouldn’t touch her res cast time since its balanced and her res range should be increased from 5 to 6 or 7m.

The movement reduced will make mercy be able to survive while ressing since she can avoid bullets and still have counter play to res. For the range i think it can help her since the movement buff can make it risky to res since it can make mercy over extend out of the range and cancel it immidietly.

Yes i agree mercy is balanced but can we at least get some little changes to her ? Ik some of you might say she is good and leave her alone but these changes sure won’t have much impact on her balance.

If not the movement reduced then at least be the ressurect range increased and 55 hps pls blizz.

2 Likes

Hate to be a broken record, but she’s balanced. Why buff a hero that’s balanced?

21 Likes

Anyone: “Buff mercy”

Devs(NOT CALLING OUT):
Mercy

1 Like

this

plus the “little buffs” suggested in the OP are actually fairly large buffs, particularly as a set

14 Likes

I’d be okay with this. 55hp feels great in the workshop builds. I’d love to see it make it’s way to live servers. Sign me up! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

7 Likes

I would keep the numbers on changing res a little lower, but I wouldn’t mind some small changes. Very small, she is pretty well balanced right now

Why
Can’t
You
People
Understand
Mercy
Is
Balanced

5 Likes

I can say without blushing that I don’t think it is a good idea to make a change to a character based on how it “feels” to one player in an entirely custom environment

Such changes are imo best left to the team responsible for balancing each character against the tableau of the real/actual game in its entirety

9 Likes

Little buffs…suggests fairly large buffs.
She doesn’t need anything right now.

3 Likes

I can say with confidence that I am not concerned with such thoughts. But you are entitled to that opinion. We’re going to have to agree to disagree on that. Thanks for the suggestion though! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

2 Likes

I can say without blushing that I am concerned about Mercy as a whole, and am hoping to keep her in her current excellent state

4 Likes

Don’t think there is much reason to be concerned, they are doing a decent job of ignoring a certain group so far.
Whether they keep it up is another matter though :thinking:

3 Likes

It’s sorta sad, tho, that even if the “55” change were to occur, said group (two hashtags, but essentially one group with the same goal) would remain entirely unsatisfied and continue with their demands for change

I expect the “hey, I wrote the script in workshop, so I’ve done the work for you, so you devs have no excuse for it to not go live immediately” post any day now

6 Likes

I can say with confidence that I am once again, not concerned with your thoughts. What you see as “concerns with Mercy” differs from mine, and I completely disagree with them. But thanks for sharing. I find no need to waste my time or yours in starting a circular discussion with you in this context, as we are giving opinions, and I have made my statements and stand by them. If you disagree, that’s fine. Let’s leave it at that. Have a good one dodo. :blush:

Since it’s on a cooldown, I don’t think an increase in it’s range would be a good idea. Personally I’d be more of the thought that it’d be better off as an ultimate at that point, namely since it would reduce the need to try and balance around it occurring every 30 seconds. This would also allow for more room for the rest of her kit, without making it too strong. A small increase in her movement speed so it isn’t a 75% speed reduction however, I’d be okay with that as well.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
xavvypls

1 Like

I mean to be fair, I’ve always made it clear that I’m not part of “that group”, and I certainly enjoy Mercy as she is, but I’d still like to at least see what 55 HPS would do, if not just because they nerfed Mercy at the same time they buffed everyone else.

If it ends up being too much, great, revert it back to 50, no harm done. But right now I still feel like Blizz did the classic “too much at once so we don’t know what was really needed” move they always do.

Changing up Res though… yea could pass on that one.

From the data we have access too she has on par healing to the other main healers.
Staying in top 2 (out of 4) till Masters.
What exactly would 55hp accomplish other than increasing her already fine healing?

Increasing her healing alittle would be fine if she was falling behind…but she isn’t.
Unless the entire point is the whole consistent/burst healing argument which is countered with different healers excel in different comps.

1 Like

I can say without blushing that since making rez an ultimate would then remove Valkyrie as her ult, this would imo be a very bad idea that would dismay many many many players who are now quite happy with Mercy in her current balanced, effective, and fun-to-play state

There you go, you answered you own question.

Overall healing and in fight healing are two different things.

Besides, the devs have said she’s supposed to be the go-to for straight up healing. Don’t you think simply being “on par” with the rest goes against that?

Like, don’t get me wrong, I don’t want her to be leagues ahead of everyone else, but everyone contributes many times more damage than she does to shorten the fight, yet even with the more drawn out fights that come with less damage output, she is just… average when it comes to overall healing.

4 Likes

Lets just ignore than she can bring someone back to life every 30 seconds which is essentially a big burst heal.

You also need to factor in the whole skill ceiling/skill floor thing regardless if you agree or not.

2 Likes