Can We Get Scatter Arrow Back?

It hurts me to ask for this. Like… really hurts me deep down inside to know that I’m asking for scatter arrow back.

But for real though. Anything is better than getting hit in the head by random arrow spam or being a tank and getting mowed down like you’re fighting a bastion. It’s oppressive and feels worse than scatter. I’d rather have scatter back. (I dislike you strongly) for making me say I want Scatter back.

Edited to remove symbols too adult for the dev’s delicate sensibilities.

18 Likes

No.
<20 No’s required>

18 Likes

No thanks.
Storm can be toned down, and actually outplayed Scatter was an instakill coin flip where no one was the real winner.

11 Likes

I’d rather a coin flip than giving everybody the ability to miss a few arrows as they correct and then get a headshot or two basically every time.

Devs didn’t like how tanks were getting melted by scatter so they replaced it with an ability that melts tanks AND every other hero :thinking:

28 Likes

No

2 Likes

The difference being that there is plenty of time to react to Storm arrows for tanks AND all hero’s.

Scatter was pretty much instant. You had to either anticipate or die.

1 Like

Then you’re one of very few.
I am pretty happy that at least Hanzo has to aim at me for Storm instead of aiming at the ground for a wiff or instakill.

1 Like

Overwatch fans in a nutshell
Pre-rework: SCATTER ARROW IS LITERALLY THE WORST ABILITY IN THE GAME! REMOVE IT, OR I’M UNINSTALLING!

Post-rework: Hanzo is actually OP now. GIVE US SCATTER ARROW BACK, FOR GOD’S SAKE!

All jokes aside, I totally agree that Hanzo is overpowered right now, but he definitely does not need Scatter Arrow back. At least Storm Arrows require skill and aiming, not just having to aim at a rock or the floor and get a one-shot kill.

4 Likes

The purpose of the storm arrow change was to increase hanzo’s time to kill while maintaining his power level. In that regard I’d consider it successful

1 Like

It’s not even aiming. It’s basically now just like a long range Zarya laser beam. There’s no aim required, just correct the stream and vroooooooom laser noises.

Nice private profile. You play an awful lot. 10/10 you’re a hanzo main and are enjoying melting everything.

I’m a Reaper main. What?

Edit: I say No because Scatter Arrow was instant 425 damage if landed correctly, also had terrible RNG to it. At least with Storm Arrow, I appreciate the Hanzo has to actually see me and not aim it at my feet :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well I still think Scatter > Storm. Scatter couldn’t be spammed down a random choke and get a kill all the time, Storm can. Did I mention Storm also deletes shields? I don’t think anyone ever complained about Scatter doing that. Also Hanzo has 1 chance to hit scatter, now he has 6 chances to at least get you low enough to finish you off easy. All they needed to do was remove 1-2 arrows from scatter and it would have been fine. Just my opinion though, not saying any of this is facts.

2 Likes

Says the guy with a private profile…

Stop shaming people for having private profiles. And even if Nayadri were a Hanzo main, there’d be nothing wrong with that.

You managed to criticize someone for three different things in one short post. Great job!

2 Likes

Oh. That explains it

I really, really don’t want scatter arrow back. I just don’t want Storm Arrow. If I had to pick the lesser of two evils, I’d pick Scatter.

Not really, the Devs say scatter arrow was quite balance from their internal statistic, but no one believe them. They change it due to all the complaints about being 1-shot by scatter arrow and treat it was always a perfect free kill on every cd.

Truth is, Hanzo never really spam scatter arrow and usually hold it for when they get jumped on, or if they are flanking to kill a stationary target or spawn killing. The option is in a tight corridor where you are bound to hit someone.

A good hanzo player is able to use scatter arrow on not just the floor, but also the walls and ceilings. They also like to use their primary for kills.

1 Like

Is that why the title of your thread is “Can We Get Scatter Arrow Back?”

1 Like

Shatter was used against shields all the time.

That you had to pre-empt. If you did not Pre-empt it by essentially guessing when he had it on cooldown it did devastating damage.

But you don’t have to pre-empt it. Plenty of time to get into cover, raise a barrier, or straight up kill him before he does to much damage. Not to mention he needs a higher level of accuracy to actually do the damage you speak of.

Shooting at peoples feet is not skillful.

1 Like

I thought most of the (more rational) complaints centered around the fact that he could 1-shot tanks, and the devs responded that they couldn’t just nerf the damage because that would make his kit anemic.

If they were going to buff his primary the way they did with the lunge they probably could have left a nerfed scatter in instead of making storm.

OP seems to insult people who don’t agree with his opinion. Yawn.

1 Like