Can we get an Asian hero now?

Well, I guess strictly geographically speaking, she is. It’s just that usually when people mention such representation, they mean native ethnicities and cultures typically associated with that region.

I understand that. But Asia is also a huge region, and it seems appropriate to me to at least include the possibility of those from Russia since it is seemingly forgotten about by people even though it takes up a fairly big chunk of Asia.

I’m not entirely sure she should be excluded anyway though because of her ethnic descent. She is Asian and that should be represented, no? I understand it’s not what people usually think of, which arguably actually makes it more important to point that out as a possibility.

Even if you don’t think it’s not a good representation, it’s still relevant to the topic since people were posting about characters from Asia, which Zarya would be from.

1 Like

how about a mongolian hero… that has got to be an overlooked area of the world to get a overwatch hero from.

also randomly “The Hu -Wolf Totem”

1 Like

I quoted only the part that was relevant to the example I was giving, because after my own example I said the exact same thing as you, and I didn’t want a pleonasm. The fact that my point was the same as yours should be enough for you to understand I was not criticising you, if only you hadn’t jumped to conclusions and started attacking me before your last two functional brain cells could process what you read. Clearly a mistake from my part, don’t worry, I will refrain from ever agreeing with you on any future endeavours.

And yes, you were salty, and so am I now because I don’t appreciate being insulated gratuitously.

anyway i want rocket cat next lol no matter where he/she is from! :stuck_out_tongue:

You quote only that part so that it could easily misinterpreted, so no y<ou started this saltyone.

If you wanted to show that we would have the same ground you would cut it but youd did and so you made it easy to misinterpret.
that you cant see that and also go to insulting me shows that i am right.

you should really say this first

genji hanzo mei and dva???

Countries in Asia

Afghanistan
Armenia
Azerbaijan
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Bhutan
Brunei
Cambodia
China
Cyprus
Georgia
India
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Israel
Japan
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Laos
Lebanon
Malaysia
Maldives
Mongolia
Myanmar (formerly Burma)
Nepal
North Korea
Oman
Pakistan
Palestine
Philippines
Qatar
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Singapore
South Korea
Sri Lanka
Syria
Taiwan
Tajikistan
Thailand
Timor-Leste
Turkey
Turkmenistan
United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Uzbekistan
Vietnam
Yemen

Heroes from the Asian continent
Mei - China
Symmetra - India
Genji and Hanzo - Japan
D.Va - South Korea
Zarya -Russia

I know there hasn’t been additional releases of “Asian” heroes. But there’s already 6 out of 30 that’s 1/5th of the hero pool. I don’t understand the people who want representation for every country, race, gender, or sexual orientation. It seems they’ll never be happy until a hero version of them is in the game. Blizzard has done a good job at being diverse with the heroes just let them do their job and stop pestering them.

All I care about them adding right now is more Tanks and Supports. I couldn’t give a damn about what country, race, gender, or sexual orientation they are. I don’t know why so many people are hung up on that and make posts asking for “X hero”.

I can say it’s popular to miss The Central Europe in game stories. That’s why kids in my country (Poland) are dummy excited about anything related with Poland. How may you see it? Publish video about Poland or Polish language - best to share your opinion - and you will see a lot of Polish comments.

And about Poland in Overwatch story. Injured Ana Amari, Janina Kowalska, had been healed in Poland. Of course it’s not enough for Polish community: we want Poland map or Polish hero.
I guess we’re not alone in this. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or how about a Sikh Hero…
it would make sense since they often serve in the military both Indians and Uk.

This also excludes Zenyatta. If you want to just remove non-humans entirely though, you’re still at 6/25, which isn’t bad.

Humans per continent:

NA: 6
SA: 1
Asia: 6
Australia: 2
Africa: 3
EU: 7

Its more that they have been adding heroes from continents that were lacking. Likewise, if we get Hamid Faisal, that would be another Asian hero.

While he is a former monk we have no idea where he was born/manufactured. It could have been anywhere on the planet. But he did reside in Nepal while when he used to be in the Shambali.

I didn’t exclude Zenyatta I just don’t know his place of origin.

2 Likes

That is a fair argument. It was a pilgrimage to Nepal, rather than being Nepali. While the other heroes are a little more explicit. Orisa is African, Bastion is German, and Hammond/Winston are Lunar.

1 Like

" [CAN WE GET AN ASIAN HERO NOW?"

The devs I’m sure are very interested in hearing how their game isn’t inclusive enough for YOU.

How about you quit playing the game if you don’t think that 3 heroes of Asian decent is not enough inclusion for you, instead of being a SJW with hurt feelings.

I don’t know who you think you are or what you’ve been smoking, but I did NOT enforce my suggestions to any of the devs (in particular) nor was I demanding one from them.

If you think a simple suggestion that could be granted or ignored as being a whiny SJW-esque hurt-feelings, you need to get your head out of the sand and quit yourself.

I’ve mentioned plenty of times that:

Go read the coversation below a topic statement next time.
At least then, you won’t make a fool out of yourself.

2 Likes

no no no, wrecking ball is moon

…what? the most overrepresented region by far is europe and then, specifically, the US. Compared to population, the most underrepresented region is Asia, quickly followed by Africa and South America. ‘Asia’ is a lot more diverse than just China and Japan, which are the only countries represented so far.

Speaking as an Asian person myself, I’d say we’re well-represented in the game.

And in particular, I’m represented by Mei, as I’m half-Chinese.

The only addition from Asia that I’d like to see is a Southeast Asian character, as I’m also SEA, and would like to see a character from that region in the game.

We have South Asian characters (Symmetra) in this game, but no Southeast Asians.

However, that can come sometime down the line. For now, I’d like to see other countries, ethnicities and races, featured as characters in this game.

In particular, I hope we eventually get to see a playable black woman. And no, I’m not talking about Efi since she’s an NPC, or Orisa (she’s a robot for crying out loud).

But seeing an actual black woman in the game would be pretty great. Here’s to hoping we get one soon.

1 Like

Now that we have gotten What You Left Behind, we have received Mauga as a very big and boisterous Talon Tank. If he becomes a playable Talon Tank, he would make a new Polynesian hero, which is part of Oceania. He would also be the first hero from there, second if Roadhog counts, and third from the continental geographic region overall (thanks to Junkrat from Australia).

1 Like