Can we get an Asian hero now?

Sigh, people need to read more carefully.

Well, not exactly. Moira being a mad scientst has nothing to do with Ireland now does it ;;
Asian heroes in OW are kinda stereotypical you know…

Genji & Hanzo = Katana, Bow & Arrow ninjas
D.VA = Korean pro gamer
Mei = genius scientist
Symmetra = tech-savy Indian

1 Like

Army of flying Canucks, I’m down with that.

Really? I think we read your thread pretty carefully.

People have their opinions too you know.
‘‘Sigh’’

A Southeast Asian hero as a representative of the SEA region would be nice.

yesss

Genetically engineered Canadian Goose would also be acceptable

Woah Woah, hold your horse madam :sweat_smile:
I was sighing cuz I had to repeat myself again when someone else made a similar mistake.

Your original statement focused on me not mentioned any pre-existing heroes when my topic was clearly focusing on the fact that:

Mate, 100% of the heroes released this year, last year and during the closed alpha weren’t Australian. Understand my pain. UNDERSTAND IT!

1 Like

I will never understand why people are so obsessed with a character’s race/ethnicity.

5 Likes

Sym, genji, hanzo, mei. Really nothing to see here. DVA Is also asian.

1 Like

weebs

Hell, Zarya might be considered Asian. Depends where in Russia she was born. =)

1 Like

Aha looks at reinhardt i think asian heroes are equal stereotyped to other regions.

3 Likes

Most of Overwatch heroes are stereotypical. Futuristic cowboy from Texas, steward soldier keen on protecting others, strong Russian woman, etc. Yeah they have flukes and twists on them, that’s to be expected for a AAA company.

But all of them are a form of some stereotype

4 Likes

Thats a good idea, also because some of this regions may vanish when climate change hits.

Wow, how inconsiderate, not even mentioning that there isn’t a dutch hero. Shame on you :stuck_out_tongue:

I’d much prefer a Scottish hero. But, that’s just because I like Scottish accents.

1 Like

Genji, Hanzo, Mei, D.Va and Symmetra are all Asian.

1 Like

I think Asia in lore is actually fully covered. They have Russia, India, Far Eastern region, South Eastern Region, Tibet, Iraq.

In Africa theres no mentioning of everything but Nigeria and Egypt

In South America nothing about the southern countries

In Europe the carpathean countries (Central Europe) have almost no mentioning (The only one was that Reins “stealth” mission was in Prague)

1 Like

I’ll meet you halfway and say we need a pompadour next.

1 Like

Also Dva, isn’t she? And possibly Zarya, and Zen.

1 Like