Can we get an Asian hero now?

We got:
European heroes (Brigitte, Moira),
American (continents) heroes (Sombra, Ashe, Baptiste),
African heroes (Doomfist),
Middle Eastern heroes (Ana),
Non-human heroes (Orisa, Wrecking Ball)…

Can we get an Asian hero next?
No new heroes from the continent of Asia was ever added since release…
He/she can be East Asian, Southeast Asian, South Asian, etc…

1 Like

What are Genji, Hanzo and Mei?

43 Likes

You need to learn to read carefully.

1 Like

But… there are 3 already from that area. Why not another from middle east or another from south america?

38 Likes

Same with Australia.

OP, I’m sure another will be added. They currently have a lot of representation and I highly doubt they will just not add any new characters from Asia.

4 Likes

Yep, I’m also down with that.
But if you look at the overall additions into the game, Asians and other continents (failed to mention Australia as well, sorry) are getting the short end of the stick.

You’ve got Hanzo, Genji, D.va, Mei and Symmetra. As far as representation goes you guys are doing…better than others.

33 Likes

Genji, Hanzo, Mei, Zenyatta….

I want an Italian hero for my representation factor.

3 Likes

Arguably Zarya too, depending on where in Russia she is from.

9 Likes

Isn’t Baptiste from Puerto Rico? That’s America.

2 Likes

Ummmm, I… guess…?
2 ninja stereotypes + no lore pro-gamer turned soldier + nice scientist + tech-savy lady can be considered “representation”

I’m not asking for more presentation like: “give me a fan wielding lion dancer” I’m asking for a turn for Asian characters that are not soooo well, sterotyped?

1 Like

He’s actually Haitian, so no.

2 Likes

Haiti is also the American continent…

1 Like

You are right. He’s from Haiti and that’s closer to America than Africa. My mistake.

1 Like

Cat hero first! … :blush:

3 Likes

I don’t care where the next hero is from, so long as their mechanics are good and they advance the story in a decent way.

I’d like to see the next hero be an ex-OW agent responding to Winston’s recall. Because that part of the story has been stalled for so long.

7 Likes

Yeah, but that doesn’t make him “American.”

3 Likes

I’m not really demanding the next hero (31) to be an Asian. I’m just gently suggesting or pleading (guess that’s the word)?

I’m not here to put down any other races or anything :yum:

Oops, I clearly stated:

Not in the sense of ‘US citizen’, but it does in the sense of ‘someone living on the American continent’. Same goes for Sombra btw.

It’s just so bs in English that the US often gets referred to as ‘America’, while it’s only one country there.

2 Likes

Haiti is part of North America according to google. I think most americans would say they are central / latin american or Caribbean.

2 Likes