Can we get a free battle tag name change?

I don’t think a lot of us console players want our original battle tags to be our in-game usernames now, at least I don’t

8 Likes

wait it shows ur battle tag name

1 Like

Yeah. I’m an xbox player and my name shows up at CinnamonOdin instead of SendRevives now

1 Like

pretty sure you can change it on your battle net account

You should have a free battle tag change unless you already used it!

6 Likes

Or so they say, I had to pay for my first one. Support just claimed I used it. Lul… Yeah, right.

1 Like

That’s what I’m seeing right now. I never changed my name before but I have to pay for my first change

2 Likes

lol. Great battletag.

2 Likes

When you start your account on console isn’t your first battle tag BTrandomNumber? So when you change it to whatever you use it up?

on the PC / Battle.net Acc you can change the tag for free once. then they charge 10 € / $

2 Likes

Maybe the first battletag is perceived to be a new account start up.

What a RIP off!!!
lol !!!
:joy:

1 Like

All players gets one free BattleTag change when they create an account. Afterward you can only change it with a small fee.

2 Likes

That’s weird. I got 3 for free :innocent:

The first was the usual one every account gets, the second one was when Overwatch got released and the 3rd one I got while contacting the support because the system has trouble if you only want to make capitalization changes.

You usually have to pay for that too, but they simply did it for me after I contacted them without any payment :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Are we going to be able to use more letters in our names since my PSN is longer than the 12 allowed?

1 Like

Now I know where my 10 dollars went. Ha ha ha…

1 Like

Well…

Now it appears we know that hacks do not just exist in game.
Hacks may exist to take away free battletag name changes?
(Ehh…well if he ain’t usin it…)

How in the world did you get three free battle tag changes?
Was it for the same account or across several accounts?

Yes, please :point_right::point_left:
I would love to change it

It was on the same account.

Like I said:
The first one was the usual one every account gets.

The second one was from when Overwatch got released (I think they do that every time a new franchise gets added - which unfortunately doesn’t happen often).

The third one I got after contacting support.
I wanted to change it from KNIGHTHOOD to Knighthood and luckily used google beforehand.
It turned out that the support needs to do the change for you if you only want to make capitalization changes and so I did that before even buying a name change.
They simply changed it for me and I never payed a single buck :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

No. The username restrictions for BattleNet remains the same.

That sucks, all years of using my PSN and now I have to use my battlenet name instead :frowning:

Hopefully its something u guys look into changing

2 Likes