Can we expect any changes to Symmetra in the foreseeable future?

yeah. And you can use TP to get your whole team out of Grav as well.

I think if I saw a picture i’d probably agree with you, I just find things like this difficult to picture without seeing it.

Hanamura immediately comes to mind and is a perfect example. Mei is usually behind the closed door, and usually not positioned to see TP. Even if wall goes up before TP, you can still easily TP onto the Mei wall.

I think you miss the point
Turrets just do not survive shooting people in high ranked games period.
Even the best turret spots in the game get maybe 2 seconds if you catch someone off guard.
Turrets and their use is absolutely an important aspect of symmetra but their skill ceiling is relatively low all things considered and with their flat damage output, all a buff like that will do is make her a low rank pubstomp hero which would not help her where she needs it.

1 Like

I am presuming you are the Twitch streamer right? If so, I don’t disagree turrets get knocked out fast at high level, but I watched one of your streams (ironically I just had subscribed days ago).

Your feed on Gibraltar attack shows 4 turret kills at 14:13 out of 10 eliminations. That’s about 40%… so, how far into it were you? I figured this was attack after defense because your damage is like10K+… so given an avergage game at your level 4500+ SR, what percentage of kills would be turrets vs Primary/Secondary? I am genuinely interested, as I had someone try to argue that the primary/secondary don’t matter much at all, and its all turrets. Your sounding like the turrets don’t do much, and its mainly primary/secondary… so in all honesty, which is it?

I think the reality is they just don’t want or expect the turrets to every be that good at high level to avoid offending “skill” players. That means everything else of value is in her primary /secondary, E and ult.

I can’t see them changing the teleporter much… thought it would make sense, I suspect there might be some weird limits on this and it almost certainly just re-uses the Reaper code…

Kind of thinking more now than ever her old beam and sound but with a “Moira soft-lock” style would be best for her primary, and maybe 25 to 50 personal shielding…

I posted this on the other post.
How about making her ult a skill?
Small orisa shield something.
Put it down, shoot from behind.
Even keep sentries behind them.
Cooldown or HP would need balancing but it feels good to me.
Use it with number key or shift + left or right click.
And give her a different ult

Yes, that is indeed me and I stand by saying turret buffs are dumb but I dont actually mean to say that turrets aren’t precious. It is just that stat changes, outside of something extreme would do very little to their effect and purpose.

They are primarily assist tools in the neutral, disrupting and basically ruining 1v1s with the slow effect and the small but not ignorable amount of damage. I also often teleport in with 1-2 turrets for backline pressure and about 2/3s of the damage on a backline kill will be an orb+mele and the turrets job is to provide the slow effect and ±50 damage. The last main use is high ground denial from things like solo widows and for killgates (stacked turrets aiming for a solo kill) which serve more to make opponents afraid of corners and overreact to turrets than as consistent strategy and is the only occurrence where a small turret buff would make a substantial difference.

The reason though I am so vehemently against turret buffs is that I feel that it would take away from more impactfull changes and just annoy people more than anything else, making low ranks cry out for her nerf.

As far as other things, in a goats v symgoats game turret damage is irrelevant and killgates are worthless but the slow is valuable and sym gun does the vast majority of the work but in a match where symmetra cant get close, more weight can be put on turrets and orbspam.

Also I dont like the idea of any sort of aim assist returning, not because I didnt like it or think it was fun but because it would likely come at the cost of other things like damage which I would not be willing to give up.
Extra health would be great though to the point that it would make the 2 second tp wind up less painful.

Giving her the ability to consistently shield her own turrets outside of her ult would make her far too lethal. We would never hear the end of it from Ana mains.

Well from what I imagin the skill shield wouldnt have long range at all. So it will be hard to use like that. Maybe you can send it through tp however

Or you could just turret bomb, TP in with the turrets, and shield the TP. That is exactly what would happen and it would be very annoying.

Well…we know TP isnt really good now. That is just part of what it does. The shield can be like 200 hp. And managing all those skills isnt easy.
Sym just having 50 added shield can work too, but I feel a deployable shield matches her kit better. Cmon, we have a hero that places immortality field!

I think the big problem with Sym is her primary fire. It makes absolutely sense with the rest of her kit. She’s not set up as a close range hero, she doesn’t have the survivability or damage mitigation, and it doesn’t have a TTK appropriate for a short range weapon. I mean, it’s an inferior version of Zarya’s beam despite Sym being a DPS who should theoretically be expected to do more damage, and not having any of the survivability advantages that let Zarya actually use her beam (also, Zarya gets to stay charged between fights).

I get that it was supposed to be a higher skill version of the noodle beam. But the noodle beam only kind of worked because it allowed Sym to devote full concentration to evasion and dodging, and even then it didn’t work in high ranks. The straight beam doesn’t have that. It’s a tank weapon on a squishy.

It should probably just be totally replaced with something longer range.

1 Like

The must have wanted to make her different. But just made her weird.
If they really wanted something different she just shouldve shoot rock buster or sentries from her primary

Honestly, Sym feels like she should have had a long range harassment weapon so she could kite and harass and make the enemy want to invade her space so she can punish them. The orb kind of does that, but it’s too avoidable. The beam just doesn’t fit into her playstyle at all.

People say that Sym’s beam feels rubbish compared to Zarya’s but I just find Sym’s beam more immediately rewarding. Zarya’s takes a longer time to charge and you need to keep charging it up with bubbles where as Sym can keep charging as long as it’s doing damage or hitting barriers.

Ever played a custom game with a 30mps orb? Feels good.

Thanks for responding, but I am going to assume at say Diamond up the turrets account for oh, maybe 20% of kills then?

The only way I can see solving the turrets get shot out quickly problem then substantially more health, or better yet, an increase in number to say at least four. Another solution which people would go utterly insane on - show no beam :laughing: , just the turret lighting up with some graphic. This gets rid of the clear vector back to the turret, and means a target would likely take a bit more time to realize another turret or two was still lasing them. Another option would be to change the turrets to only fire a high speed Orb once every half second or even a second… again, to buy time that it would take a target to spot them giving them windows of time to damage.

On a certain level, turrets by their nature will be dominating at lower tiers, its inescapable, but so is Moira’s drain… takes next to no skill to pull off, and can be worse frankly. About the same at lower tiers for Tracer’s blinks and Genji’s abuse of double jump (which gets him killed later).

I’ve been experimenting with stacked turrets i.e. 3 on one spot for a bit, seeing how to coordinate it more with the primary/secondary fire for quick kills… with mixed success.

Conveniently forgets them the first time and conveniently forgets that all of them have mobility ability or escape ability with the exception of Diva who gets her mech extremely fast nonetheless. And before you mention teleport, it still has a cast time and setup and it’s usually an engagement tool.

Where do you see me saying that?

Post some video here, let’s us see your play then.

My commando playstyle? I made diamond back in the day with vanilla Symmetra. Again, feel free to show us some plays.

Have you even played Hanzo? How are storm arrows not “super high rate of fire close damage”? The turrets die by a cough. How do you see anyone in Goats dying to Symmetra?

Vanilla Sym was terrible, Sym 2.0 was terrible in the Dive meta, Sym 3.0 was terrible in the Sniper meta that followed and in Goats. She will continue to be terrible in the next meta that follows.

Seagull was the first to claim she is fun but not viable. Not to mention her pick-rate and her win-rate have both fallen significantly.

Again, stuff that is dealt with at the bottom of the competitive ladder is not something that the rest of us experience. Symmetra is not viable anywhere above platinum. It’s practically a throw-pick and instant report.

Just cause a hero is used at the bottom of competitive ladder doesn’t mean that the hero is viable.

1 Like

In every set of requests you make, the sum total of which results in the highest DPS character in the game with both direct survival and agility with a tiny frame and portals, with multiple forms of attack from multiple angles.

Essentially, your requests are for a Sym that is as “balanced” as launch day Brigitte was without even a ridiculous “just keep your distance” clause.

You are frankly the very essence of a “wants it all” player, and it SHOWS in your assessment of the small frame heroes, magnifying strengths and ignoring glaring weaknesses which is what is required on a well built hero, not the god you propose.

Yes, your commando playstyle. You literally have said that you get fried while charging in with a level 1 beam. This is evidence, if anyone takes you at your own word, that… you go charging in with a level 1 beam, that you are trying to frontline, or WANT to frontline, which is commando playstyle not appropriate for Sym.

You have compared using her to using Zarya on several occasions bemoaning her survival difference, while one is a tank, and the other an opportunist who thrives on distracted targets.

Clearly you struggle with what “super high rate of fire” means if you reference one of the lowest rate of fire burst damage heroes in the game.

Furthermore, not being effective vs goats is a ridiculous unit of measure, and makes you look like you are struggling and grasping for straws by inventing standards that every single DPS character in the game fails at.

Just because she isnt used at the top of the ladder doesnt mean she isnt viable.

We’re both speculating at how the upcoming season is going to go. I am just honest enough to admit it, yet cautious enough to know that it is frugal to stop and take count, fix the portal issue and see where she stands.

You used a lot of words and essentially said…nothing.

Have no idea where you get that information from.

She isn’t viable in general. That’s why her pick-rate is even less than before (hard to imagine) and her win-rate is less than before at the same time. Her kit is terrible and she is the worst DPS in the game.

You’ve ignored the rest of my points conveniently yet again.

Symmetra is literally abysmal and you can’t provide any empirical data or evidence to the contrary.

Not to even mention that they actually nerfed the worst character in the game.

Hm, I wouldn’t hate a mega-wall on a 30 second cooldown and a TP ulti where you get to place the mouth and the exit yourself so that YOU get to make the path entirely- that way you could set it up in a valuable way and really give your team the benefit of using it, none of this ‘oh it’s gone by the time you notice where it is’ BS that it currently has.

I mean imagine being able to say to your team ‘Okay guys, I got my TP up, it’s going from top left down to the Mega healthpack on bottom right’ or something like that, and it just stays up until destroyed. It could open up so many avenues of play.