Can We Do Something With Mercy?

Ok let me address something’s that are inevitably going to come in. “Mercy is the easiest hero in the game” “Mercy shouldn’t be able to do as much as she did in Mass Rez era or Beginning Valk”

Ok first off, just cause a hero isn’t as “mechanically challenging” doesn’t give them an excuse to be unfun (ooh subjective, yes i know) or not as much as an impact. Have you ever tried to heal a tank with Mercy. Yeah, it doesn’t work out well.

Some small tweaks we could do is revert her healing to 60hps and put valk healing at 70hps or if the “skill-warriors” aren’t comfortable with that, at least give her 55hps and 65hos for Valk.

Another thing, make rez able to cancel. Seriously, it might be “powerful” but it feels like a tank of molasses. With this maybe you can make it to where it reduces the CD if it is cancelled one way or another.

Bonus Rez. Yes I know those fast rezzes (even though i liked when she had 2 fast ones for Valk) were not it at all but during Valk can you at least give her another rez or at least revert that “bug” where she sped up on rez.

This change is so wished for but not overpowered or very powerful. Don’t break chains while Valking. Doesn’t seem like much but it will really help.

Another change that most probably wouldn’t like is give her damage resistance while rezzing normally or just in valk. I personally have nothing against this one but I just can’t wait for the skill justice warriors to comment.

One change I’d like that has nothing to do with anything is if she is gonna break chains while Valking, give her the old Mass Rez interaction. Instead of lifting her teammates up, she is lifting herself so it’s not completely like she isn’t lifting something up.

Another change that will never happen but I’ve seen in a thread is give normal rez the “Heroes Never Die” voiceline and her ult “I will watch over you”. I personally like both (Heroes Never Die more) but it has nothing to do with her ult cause i’m literally watching them die in front of my eyes. I remember the slow heroes never die on ptr. If they did do this, maybe they can save it for the end and tone it down but I highly doubt they’d do this one.

Anyway I Know it was a long post but I hope you read it and take some of these into consideration.

10 Likes

only one of these i agree with is the change regarding the tether being broken when casting ult

the other ult line was way cooler

we could buff valk to be as good as other support ultimates but that’d be ridiculous when it’s a fast charging flexible ultimate that doesn’t need the ridiculous strengths of the other support ultimates like transcendence

4 Likes

That’s simple. Valks ult charge was increased because 50hps was so bad at giving mercy ult charge. All you have to do is change the ult charge because she will no longer need it if you buff her heals and it will be back to normal.

1 Like

Niandra made video with some good ideas + opinion on valk and #reworkmercy.
8 Likes

Agreed, the rest is not good or not needed or both

If a player finds character x to not be fun for them to play, there are over 2 dozen others to choose from and thousands of other games they can play rather than demanding changes to suit them that will in turn ruin the character for many many many others

5 Likes

Let me speak as a Mercy main, here.

Mercy mains who find her unfun to play are the ones who abused the crap out of mass rez.

And yes, she shouldn’t be powerful just because she isn’t as mechanically challenging. What would be the purpose of playing mechanically advanced heroes, if the easier ones could do the same or even more than them?

Those aren’t small tweaks at all, those are massive buffs. Just like you (you as in Mercy mains) claim the 50 HP/s nerf is massive.

I have nothing against this.

We’ve been there and it seems like we’ve learned nothing, have we?
The movement speed bug during Resurrect was nice, but it had downsides. It was too easy to accidentally cancel and rezzing was much more forgiving.

Nothing against this, a nice little touch.

I still don’t know why do you want to take the risk taking out of Resurrect.

Or you can just superjump and use Valkyrie mid-air. Even better.

People of your kind got the original Valkyrie voice line removed because “nostalgia” and now you want it back?
But yes, I do too. “Heroes never die” doesn’t fit Valkyrie’s style at all.
Valkyrie’s about protecting people, not saving them.

13 Likes

I feel like the old ult line should be given to one of her skins, probably Combat Medic idk.

2 Likes

“people of my kind”
I don’t know what you are insinuating cause i never had anything against either.

“People of your kind”:
The players who still keep on pursuing the idea of there being something wrong with Mercy that would need immediate changes.

9 Likes

…without regard for the many players who enjoy playing her in her current state

5 Likes

couldn’t i say the same for you. “no regard for players who don’t enjoy her current state”

10 Likes

The game has that handled already…over 2 dozen other characters for you to choose from

I personally dont like playing Genji. I dont go demanding that Genji be changed to suit me, knowing there are many many many players who like Genji as he is. It would be selfish of me to do so

9 Likes

Mercy mains who don’t enjoy Mercy are a super small minority.
Mercy mains who don’t enjoy Mercy have exactly what, 29 other options for a new favorite hero?

Majority>Minority

3 Likes

If you haven’t noticed. I am not a mercy main. I however do enjoy playing her. I was actually speaking for the many who don’t enjoy her current state and tried to give suggestions as to fixing it

3 Likes

Apologies then, I was unaware that you had been named the official spokesperson of all players who hate Mercy in her current fun, impactful, and well balanced state

You can put down this idea if you want, but it’s a fact that many players find Mercy to be very fun and extremely impactful in her current state.

Mercy’s not meant to be the tank healer. If you use her that way, you’re going to have a bad time. It doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with her.
She can do that in a pinch but it’s best to pair her with another support who CAN heal through burst damage or is capable of higher outputs in a short time.

Mercy’s strengths are consistency and flexibility. Even with 50 HPS, she should absolutely always be out-healing any other support on her team unless she’s part of some deatball comp she shouldn’t have been picked for where there’s 3+ tanks. Buffing her output even a little bit would only bring her back closer to must-pick territory.

4 Likes

Yeah maybe if we can tone down the attitude a little we can have a productive conversation.

8 Likes

Personally, i dont see how promoting the single worst power ever in the game, or calling large buffs small or tweaks, is conducive to productive conversation

3 Likes

Well gee, I wonder why :thinking:

3 Likes

While I agree Mercy doesn’t necessarily needs a healing buff (even though a little burst-healing could be interesting to add more to her gameplay), Mercy shouldn’t always be out-healing any other support on her team, as you put it.

There are many factors to take into account when it comes to being the top healer in your team. There are games where you will be using Damage Boost more than actually healing your team, either because your team is dodging a lot of useless damage from the enemy team or because your team is playing very close to each other and as a Mercy you have to take some distance.

In this case, a Lucio or Moira can outheal you easily.

Being a good healer isn’t always about how much healing output you give. Sometimes a Mercy doesn’t have the gold medal, healing wise but gets like 70% or more killing participation (as a card at the end of the game) which means you did very well in terms of positioning and helping your team at the right time to get the important picks.

1 Like