Can we delete mercy from the game?

Hey, you just copy and pasted the exact comment I made to you in another thread.

0/10 creativity.

Also, saying you don’t take me seriously is one of the greatest compliments you could have granted me. You’re one of the most irrational people I’ve ever had the misfortune of meeting.

Sincerely,
a Lover of facts, logical, and rational conversation

This is hardly unique to Mercy mains, but okay.

I find it funny that people call them a cult and a hive mind, but then turn around and criticize them for all not wanting the same thing. It’s almost like people have different feelings about what they enjoy in a character. Shocking.

6 Likes

Not really. Sym mains, bastion mains, Sombra mains are all undertuned/underpowered heroes who have a collective community who can have rational, unemotional conversations about balance changes to their hero. The mercy community can’t even take a post about “let’s focus on constructive criticism” without derailing it into personally attacking me, the OP.

2 likes 104 comments

I’ve come across threads that have been rather negative from those groups, but I don’t generalize. I’m sure that if those hero’s had the same amount of players as Mercy that those complaints would be much more visible at times.

You made a hyperbolic thread generalizing a group of players, added fuel to the fire with your responses, and now claim that those no good toxic Mercy mains are attacking you for encouraging “constructive criticism”. Surely you could do better to encourage constructive criticism/feedback, but I have a feeling that was never your goal to begin with.

5 Likes

You’re right, I shouldn’t have been baited into those arguments.

Incorrect. I have another forum post I made earlier than this one addressing the same issue, before I got frustrated with the mercy community. Please, please, please devs could we get a mercy subforum?

It’s just hypocritical to me that there are people in this thread who made wild, unsubstantiated accusations against me and I responded (which I admitted above I shouldn’t have) which puts me in the wrong, meanwhile you also throw out unsubtantiated claims that “encouraging constructive criticism/feedback was never my goal” when my post history clearly shows otherwise.

3* likes, 100+ comments.

Most comments are people being defensive because they’re assuming what I’m arguing without actually reading the original post. But on the upside, at least 3 people took the time to actually read the post and replies. Most people on these forums are closed minded and unreceptive to new ideas, so it’s honestly no surprise that this thread isn’t “popular.” But the silver lining is there are at least 3 others that lurk these threads that DO take the time to read what OP is saying before firing off defensive, unsubstantiated accusations and just stay focused at the task at hand.

I’m not concerned about your post history, Lolo. I’m talking about this topic.
Hyperbole, generalizations, and at times flat out toxicity. Neither side is without fault, but you were responsible for the tone of this thread from the beginning. I don’t see how your OP encourages constructive criticism.

4 Likes

Well when you make a baseless assumption about my intent (in your words, that this post was never meant to encourage constructive feedback), then my post history of consistently suggesting ways to make forum discussions more impactful, efficient, and encourage constructive is relevant. It establishes that I do have a history of making posts that encourage constructive discussions and suggestions on how to improve the forums. It also disproves your claim that “it was never my goal to encourage constructive critcism.”

I admit I could have made my tone more neutral, but I don’t really think that would have made much of a difference since 90% of the comment replies were made by people who did NOT read the original OP. If you just browse through these comments, I’m constantly repeating the same thing – JUST MY ORIGINAL POST.

You can make me the villain for not having the most positive tone when talking about a community that is notorious for harassing others and being condescending too, but at the end of the day, I know what I meant – and if you try to read my OP without bias, I think you could see it too – especially in the context of my post history.

Honestly, I think I’m done trying to provide suggestions on new hero ideas, balance ideas, and just generally trying to steer the forum away from the same repetitive “delete xhero” “nerf xhero” threads. I’m sure forum mercys are being condescending, insulting, and hurling unsubstantiated insults because they also want to improve the general discourse about mercy (as so many of you have said) so I’ll just concede the point. There’s no reasoning someone out of a position they ddin’t reason themselves into.

I’ve read 3 times already, why are playing dumb?

Honestly since ashe came out I’ve only seen one or two mercy threads so idk why someone felt the need to make this post lol also a lot of us don’t want a revert to mass rezz just sayin — I know you addressed that but as a mercy main who doesn’t like mass rez this thread still feels at least partially insulting lol

1 Like

I know but I want you to know that I highly respect my character but I respect this community more and I want my hero of choice to not be so frustrating to other players while still holding the integrity I expect from playing her. :slight_smile: I just wanted you to know my 2 cents on her and to continue to share your feelings as well ^.^

Funny, the most upvoted post on this forum with over 2700 likes is a constructive post about Mercy and how to make her better for everyone.
Did the devs even bother looking into that tho? No, the did not.

Considering the support Titaniums threads get, maybe it’s time for the devs to do what Mercy players want, not what they themselves want. After all, we are the people playing this game. Btw, they’ve also said they would not implement Death Match. Guess what, they did.

3 Likes

Do i need to read this wall of text when the title alone is irritating?

1 Like

Now, I don’t want Mass Rez back, but I despise Valk, and I disagree on your thoughts here.

Mass Rez took decision-making. You had to think about whether Rezzing was good now or if it would be better later. Did the Widow just pick off your Zen? Is that worth rezzing, or should you save it so you can sustain through the next fight? Should you use it now, with 2 teammates down, or see if more go down first, risking dying yourself in the process? Are the dead teammates supports, tanks, or DPS? Is it worth rezzing? Will the enemy just kill you again?

There were a lot of questions that went into a good Rez. Mechanically, it was just a Q Press, but bad Rezzes were quite common, and the results were awful. You’d raise 3-4 teammates from the dead only to face a deadly ultimate combo.

Valk is, in my opinion, absolutely braindead. It takes away all of the danger and game sense that goes into regular Mercy gameplay. You don’t have to juggle beams (chain beams), you don’t have to worry about your health (instant regen), and you don’t have to slingshot across the map for safety (free flight). The only thing you need to worry about is a High Noon, a Soldier Ult, or a Widow (If you’re in a high rank). I doubt you watch Aria Rose, but there’s some pretty funny clips where she just hovers in place above the fight for 5-10 seconds before anyone even looks at her.

Another thing is that there’s no bad Valks. Aside from pressing Q in spawn, of course. There were definitely bad rezzes. Ones where you immediately got wiped afterwards, ones where you wasted it on your 2 DPS right before both your tanks died, ones where you used it too early, not anticipating the next few deaths, or too late, having waited too long to get as many teammates back up as possible. Valk has no risk to it. There’s no skill floor or skill ceiling outside of Battle Mercies, really. Every Valk is just as mundane and average as the next.

So yeah. I’d like a new ult for her, please. No rez, no free flight, no chain beams. Something original would be nice.

5 Likes

I don’t want to sound shady but Mass Rez never required that much decision making process. I don’t want to use the word braindead but it -was- a braindead ult where you just hide and press Q when the whole team dies after a grav. I used to play Mercy a lot when I started Overwatch. Valkyrie isn’t the best ultimate for Mercy but I can definitely say it’s healthier to the game even though it’s lackluster. I personally wouldn’t be oppossed to the idea of her getting a ult rework. But without Mass Rez.

1 Like

The reasons I stopped playing Overwatch were because Mercy became less fun for me while the team-members remained just as toxic as usual. People would insult me, threaten me, and tell me to go kill myself in the hero-select room in quickplay matches just because I was a Mercy one-trick.

This thread proves to me that the hate for Mercy players remain. Not only do I wish Mercy’s kit was more interesting and more engaging, but I also wish I didn’t have to play with other people because there are often team-members that genuinely hate you for picking a hero they don’t like. The OP is pretty good at spreading that hate I think.

Ahhh… No.

Just as any other player will have differing opinions on what was more enjoyable, like I might not find Genji as enjoyable as Widow, although someone else is bound to have a different opinion on who is more enjoyable.

You can’t necessarily judge someone for doing it (although you can I guess), if they want to do that they can, you most likely won’t be able to prevent them from doing it. Plus, if Blizz put so much work into Mercy’s rework, maybe they should have tried something else with Mercy instead of continuously trying to make it balanced and fun. This healing buff was the first positive thing we have heard for Mercy in a year, maybe they should have tried something else sooner.

Doesn’t mean every existing Mercy main is completely toxic?

Well if you have have ever even heard of Animetic, she was pretty pleased with the buffs, but how much better will these buffs be from a few weeks ago?

I think there are lots of Mercy mains who give constructive feedback, and of course there will always be some who might get toxic and so on, but this is no reason for an entire thread.

This is… slightly toxic towards Mercy mains who believe that Valkyrie is unfun. Sorry you don’t agree with someone else’s opinions and feel this way when they speak their mind about Mercy.

shrug

3 Likes

I understand why people ask for mass rez to be back and I also understand those not wanting back, but making a non-constructive thread that complains about non-constructive threads is really pointless.

No community can have a hive-mind like you’re asking. It’s impossible for everyone to agree on one thing and there’s always gonna be someone that’s unhappy with ideas or changes. EVERY hero has ‘‘mains’’ that cannot agree on things.

You can’t take mercy players appart from the rest. She’s played more; she gets more feedback or whatever you wanna call it. It’s all subjective in the end and nobody can stop them from asking for something they want in the game.

There’s no such thing as a hive-mind community. This thread is pointless.

4 Likes

Whether or not mass rez felt better for the mercy player, it was an obnoxiously strong ultimate in regards to ult economy, first fight requires one ult at best, 2 ults at worst coming from one tank one dps, and then you rez, and repeat one or two ults from the other two tank and dps.
Mass Rez is a bad ultimate that should have never been in the game to begin with, imo they should do away with rez 100% and put a cleanse on her E, to remove debuffs or other CC to the first target she clicks on, and in valk the cleanse will link to all targets in the immediate range to counter things like shatter, EMP, anti and such. It would actually give her a spot in ultimate economy which she currently lacks, and doesn’t require MORE ultimates like mass rez did to counter it.

That’s at least how i think they should go about things.

1 Like