Can we cut it out with the hero bias?

Seriously, it’s starting to get old. The balance team clearly has a bias for certain heroes and against certain heroes. Normally, I’d say that they simply don’t understand their own game…but it’s been years now. I think they do know, but at this point, they’re trying to artificially create the perfect meta alongside the new game.

Look at Sym, DVa, Reaper, Mercy, Doomfist, Pharah, Mei, Brig, and anyone else that desperately needs a rework to work in 5v5 properly. They’ve had so much time to at least put out some kind of statement on what they plan on changing with these heroes. What do we get? Nothing. Nada. And the few that DID get changes also got net nerfs to ensure they don’t even get a whiff of being remotely meta. The one exception to this is Orisa, and she was so powerful, she needed a blanket nerf. At this point, you cannot convince me that these people aren’t playing favorites.

Srsly. This isn’t how you balance a competitive game. You define an effort/reward ratio and work with it from there. This is basic game design. If a character takes very little effort to get value, it should be harder to get rewarded for it (but not impossible). If a character takes a ton of effort, they should be rewarded more for it. We shouldn’t be picking and choosing which characters should be good like this (but they should still have some form of counterplay that can be exploited). We shouldn’t obliterate random heroes because…reasons. And we shouldn’t overbuff others because…reasons. There needs to be more subtlety in the strength of heroes. Not clear power differences like what’s happening now. It’s terrible game design and, frankly, horrific to play in.

Srsly. Please. Balance fairly.

33 Likes

Leaks confirm the boss of the balance team is actually the owl player manager

4 Likes

That would explain way too much lol.

4 Likes

and he mains junkrat

1 Like

doomfist is literally unplayable in higher matches. he is countered by so much of the roster already and has zero kill potential.

3 Likes

Indeed. It’s clear they didn’t want him to be played at all in high ranks, so they nerfed him even further to make sure he wouldn’t.

i honestly dont understand that the worst defensive tank ability in the game got nerfed even more…

11 Likes

Honestly I don’t either.

no of course not… he was PERFECT!

1 Like

Lol fair enough. But his current state, we can both agree on, is horrible, right?

Yes, ive been begging for any info on Torb, nothing. They just dont care. Whatever works best in korean 5v5 is all they balance.

They keep giving Torb minor changes when tbf he needs a rework so he can match the pace of the game. Slower-paced heroes are going to struggle so much.

1 Like

Yep. Not sure what they are thinking at the moment.

When OW2 was first revealed and we saw the pve talents he has, fire mini turrets etc, i thought they would implement that stuff into PVP. Sad and lazy that they didnt.

1 Like

Meanwhile Ana is allowed free reign in the support category with the most broken CD ability in 5v5.

I’m so sick of playing tank and having my role entirely invalidated when Ana throws anti in my general direction.

There’s a reason Junker Queen’s anti-heal is on her ultimate and nothing else, because it’s too broken on CD.

1 Like

Geoff Goodman (who’s in charge of balance) literally admitted on a Q&A that he mains hitscan.

Bro he isn’t even trying to hide it lol

Well the conspiracy here is all over the place, is the hitscan hero good or is the projectile hero character good? And no, Torb is fine, I enjoy playing him.

No, he’s really not.