Can we bring back our level borders

Lets be real, the basis for removing player borders was not the occasional toxicity some players would receive.

Its all about money.

Want to level up?

Sure just level up your battle pass.

I miss my gold border I worked for, what a shame. Don’t even get me started on the new rank icons

7 Likes

… Would you pay money for it though? Cause that’s what it’s gonna be.

You can’t see peoples’ borders on the new leaderboard, so what toxicity is being prevented here?

3 Likes

nope I ain’t giving blizzard a single cent.

However Id buy an ow1 account in a heart beat and play that game instead.

I dont mind borders getting removed, but the reward/compensation for people who grinded a lot of levels is so f lame, just the border next to your name in your profile. I find that even disrespectful.

1 Like

Wow just realized that too

the only reason level borders are gone is because of new players. new players just dont have 6 years of skill behind them. i have had a few on my team and it is a miserable experience.

I always thought the borders were kind of sad.

For example anyone with gold border or higher was basically guaranteed to be heavily addicted to video games and likely didn’t have a balanced life.

I played OW1 since launch and barely got to the silver border.

Like someone just said on this thread, you literally cannot see other players borders in the scoreboard.

Isnt that the whole point of a level system? To earn it like any other game?

they removed the frames so people don’t cry , there are many useless people who cry because in the other team there were 5 shiny frames and in mine 5 bronze frames playing QP or ranked , also for that same reason they hid the ranks in ranked so people don’t see the clownishness that is their matchmaking system.
(speaking of competitive, those clowns who cry about the QP pairing are not the sharpest pencils in the pen lol)

Other games have levels, why should ow 2 be a sudden exception?

Other games have level caps and/or prestige.

I’ve never seen a game with a level cap as high as OW1 had.

For 5000 coins I bet they would do it!

But your level gets reset to 1 every 9 weeks. What’s the point of having them then?

1 Like

Actually they removed it primarily because the people with the fancy borders were crying. They were getting (very effectively) bullied in their matches by bronze border players questioning how they had 3,000 hours in the game but were still in gold, or if the fancy border player got snippy, the other players could simply drive home insults about how they had no life as indicated by their level.

1 Like

because money is the only answer

Did player borders add anything, though? Sure, it tells you who’s either dedicated to overwatch or who has no job, but it’s a more negligible feature than the dinky banners you get from the battle pass.

It was already there, why make an effort to remove it if it doesnt add anything

it works bidirectionally they bullyng you for having it and for not having it, it is not even necessary to have the frame to receive bullyng but that blizzard does not understand it, it is not that they care much if they do not ban for trolling games lol

Other players cannot see other player borders in the score board…