Can we all admit how ridiculous this meme was

If you can stop yourself from being flashbanged by McCree, you can stop yourself from being hit by Brig.

32 Likes

What about the Lucio mains? They can’t and won’t stop. :sob:

6 Likes

I didn’t know mccree had 50 armor, self heals, and 500 hp shield :confused:

3 Likes

Lucio is the real issue.
Problem is…well he’s technically fine.
GL nerfing without over doin it.

4 Likes

I don’t think that was their point. I believe what they were trying to say is that you need to respect the space of certain heroes. When you don’t, you open yourself up to being stunned and deleted.

9 Likes

These changes seem pretty reasonable to me. I’m looking forward to the next patch. A lot of really solid changes in there, IMO.

1 Like

The problem is, heroes like Tracer, Genji, etc. have to be able to dive the backline or they’re totally useless.

So, given that Brigitte can stick in the backline forever and doesn’t really have to leave it to get value (nor does she easily go down before the rest of her team), she pretty much makes them totally useless. Well, not so much now, but before all her nerfs.

The only effective counterplay for a Brigitte on the other team, for a long time and for some heroes even now, is just to switch heroes. Which is pretty much terrible design, particularly when having a pulse qualifies you to play Brigitte up to plat at least.

this is what the devs wanted, no? to switch when being countered? just ask any pharah main, if there is any left that is.

7 Likes

Hey, at least countering Pharah takes skill. Anyone could play Brigitte and counter certain heroes for half a year.

3 Likes

Brigitte absolutely makes Tracer’s and Genji’s job harder, but they are still much more mobile than her, and mobility is insanely powerful in a game like Overwatch.

Blinking, dashing, double jumping, wall climbing, etc. Brig has her bash for some mobility, but that doesn’t put her anywhere near the level of mobility Tracer and Genji have. She can’t respond to every threat or be everywhere at once.

11 Likes

Brig should have 200hp and make 50 of it armor

1 Like

The thing is… those characters are close range characters. They can’t do their job if they don’t get close to the enemy. Telling them “just stay far away from the enemy’s backline” would be like telling widowmaker “just don’t use your scope”. Your basically telling them “just don’t do your role”

I’m not saying they shouldn’t get close, rather they need to use all their mobility to their advantage. Observe the enemy before diving in. I suppose if the Brigitte is literally sitting on top of the juicy Ana or Zen then you might have to abort entirely, but there’s often some weakness that a flanker can exploit.

Tracer immediately fell from being one of the best heroes in the game to immediately one of the worst. And, outside of GM, she’s still there. Even in GM, she is pretty mediocre to bad. And Brig still has a very nice winrate, better than Tracer across the board. Brig also killed Winston, killed Reaper before his massive buffs, did a lot of damage to Genji, and messed things up for many other heroes.

1 Like

No, there really won’t be. Brig has no reason to ever leave the backline if there’s a flanker. I know, I used to play her, there was zero reason to ever leave the team core and you could shut a Genji or Tracer player out the entire game.

Brig does need to be fighting to get value though, since her attack is short range and much of her healing is dependent on her attack. She’s basically useless if she’s not hitting things.

So if she just sits in the backline tossing out repair packs without anybody trying to dive her, she’s a lot less useful than something like ana or zen.

As someone that said that… I stand by it and do keep my distance from GOATs. No contradiction. People can do that at OWL too, they are just busy optimizing the game, executing a plan, using what they have most practiced, and worried about counter-pick wars.

You can run DPS against GOATs on ladder. What are they going to do? Block forever? Nah.

Yeah, but she’s making the enemy Tracer 100% useless while she still has the armor packs. That’s a beneficial tradeoff.

Also, it doesn’t take amazing skill to nudge out, plink someone with the flail whip to proc inspire, and then nudge back.

Plus, if you can make Genji or Tracer just wait forever for an opening, they are incredibly low value and you’ve already beat them.

Brig’s main gamebreaking features have always been the armor and the instant 150 healing she provides, not her melee abilities.

1 Like

Eh, not really. The usual ways of stopping McCree from flash-killing you are to shoot him in the face until he dies, boop him away, or block it with Deflect or Defense Matrix.

A Brigitte’s face is immune to shoots while bashing, she’s unboopable from the front, Deflect doesn’t make her switch teams, and Defense Matrix doesn’t delete her.