Can the Tracer/Genji Hate please stop

When Biotic Rifle was at 80 damage back during Beyblade and TriTank it was enough in the hands of Pro Ana players to deter Tracer. Back then Ana was considered undivable, which was part of why Dive could not crack TriTank at the time.

They do need nerfs.

I have no problems with high mobility heroes being in the game.

I have a problem with them being the strongest DPS outside of goats.

Nerf their DPS and keep their speed, or vice versa.

Then I don’t have a problem anymore.

4 Likes

Dual Tracer/Ana main here(more time on Tracer).

They need to give Ana 80 damage back(and nerf the nanoboost heal for compensation). The only character it really effects is Tracer as Ana requires a 3 tap for Tracer instead of 2 tap. Other characters don’t have this proportional damage penalty when killing Tracer.

That’s nice and all but that doesn’t back up massive generalizations.

Only when the Hanzo/Widow/Ana/Mercy/Moira/Brig/Reaper/Mccree etc. hate stops…

so no it will never stop

Thank you also Genji has been the most balanced Hero of the game people need to understand that as Genji Main thank you

This is just incorrect.

There’s literally no way for Genji to know that his Widowmaker is going to shoot his current target who is 1hp at that exact movement and he still gets punished for it.

“Just be more aware”, it’s a team game. There’s no reason to make kill stealing an issue that strictly applies to Genji.

If Genji gets his reset then it was deserved. The requirement is getting an elimination, it’s been like this for 3+ years and never once been a balance issue.

Making it so Genji only gets his resets if he did X% damage, was Y distance away, used Z abilities to get it, ate cereal for breakfast last Sunday and emoted 15 times in spawn before the game started can only lead to situations where Genji’s team end up screwing him out of resets even more.

Might be like that in NA, but in OCE high rated lobbies almost everyone is a contenders player who knows what they’re doing. You just said Genji should be more aware and this change punishes him for being aware of what his teammates are doing and trusting them to finish that job.

No you’re not. If my team is focusing any given target and I use a swing&dash to put them low enough and simultaneously dash past them to get maximum distance out of my dash to move onto the next target who is further away that’s not me getting lucky, that’s me being efficient.

You could literally say the same thing about teammates for anything. “You can’t trust your Ana to nanoboost you when you dash into the air right above them, when you decide to nanoblade you’re relying on luck for success”.

The contradiction in your first statement and this one is actually mindblowing. You say Genji should be more aware of what his team is doing as an excuse for him being punished for trying to finish a target who could be Nanoboosted, Brig packed, etc. at any time but then you say it’s luck that leads him to resets.

Let’s just assume the first statement is correct though, Genji should be more aware. In this scenario he is aware of what’s going on and uses that to his advantage by dashing towards the rest of the enemies instead of at the ground to go for another swing on the target who would then be 30hp.

It means either.

It’s perfectly realistic to have your team finish targets for you to get the most out of each dash.

My main point here is that this is a massive contradiction. You say Genji should be aware of who his team is shooting at then also suggest that even if he is aware he gets punished for trying to use it to his advantage.

Statements like this drive me insane.

When you’re nanoblading time is limited, you have 6 seconds to blade and a bunch of things to worry about ontop of the obvious enemy positions. There’s invulns, but stuns, beat, grav, shatter, etc.

You can’t realistically wait for all of the enemy cooldowns, CC and defensive ultimates to go on cooldown before you ult so when you pop ult it’s generally because you’ve seen the higher priority ones get used or the enemies are all in a cluster where a Dash->Slash gets you right to the next one and you’re willing to take your chances.

Your statement is somewhat true for the first target of the nanoblade, but for the second, third, fourth, etc. it’s all about going to whichever target you see first and trying to kill them as fast as possible, you either have to just go for it and Swing->Dash risking them invulning (Mei can even wall to stop the dash on a few maps, I’ve done it myself) or you have to wait out their invuln and waste a large portion of your blade.

It affects 200 HP heroes cause two tap nade will kill them. It’s the reason her dps was nerfed in the first place.

All of that boils down to this: hit them with one single shuriken and you’ll never have this problem. And during nanoblade… you’re pretty fast anyway.

That’s what happens right now. Ana’s current rifle damage is 70. Basic math, 70+70+60(grenade)=200.

This is why it needs to be at least 75 as that damage breakpoint primarily lets Tracer off the hook.

rofl, dps players asking to stop asking for nerfs for their dps heroes but will gladly jump onboard to ask for tanks/support nerfs.

1 Like

Honestly, if Genji’s abilities matched his hit boxes and his ult didnt reset Swift strike, and he got no buffs for those fixes, i dont think he would get any complaints.

I thought its reaper…

Still waiting for my reliable phara counter, my accuracy is 3%, sadly she always destroys my torb turret.

If people can’t hit its theyr issue.
Yes I’m plat so I die often to unnecessary stuff, but nerfing a hero bc 1% can dodge literally anything, just give the 1% the reward they deserve.

Reliable counter is ashe landing a hs or 2 body shots.
Same like phara. But tracer doesn’t throw rockets in your face around rooftops.

Anyway we first need dps viable at all. Imho.
For pro play levels.