Can the MM at least not allow this situation?

Hi, it may be already posted/discussed some time ago but this terrible situation still happens.

I just had to endure a ranked match as a SoloQ in team with other 3 random players a duo versus an entire 6 stack team.

https://imgur.com/w3e63HS

This is something i tough it had been fixed years ago, but seems that is not, well to cut short my opinion is this games are not even close to the “50% win chance” ideal of MM.
Even if we had any collaboration, which you can see from the formation we had not, we are at extreme dis-advantage cause the stack will (probably) be:

• Live comm on external program like discord = more coordination
  • Been playing together by a lot of time
  • Have all roles covered and assigned

At least , AT LEAST please do something to not allow these situation, especially at our low rank it’s like hell.

5 Likes

Dont take any of those for granted, sometimes the 6 stack is worse than you

I heared that the game compensates for this by putting 6 stacks vs better players

2 Likes

They probably just formed that group in LFG, those people have the same coordination issues you do.

1 Like

Obviously it can be, i’ve lost in 6 too versus a combination of duo,trios and 1 or 2 randoms, but not a full random with a single duos.
But in “theory” or in the general sense they are at advantage against us.

Indeed but as you can say by the screen our formation was poorly chosen, i was the only tank (picked before anybody) and then i realized we had no shield tank ,but when I was half way to the point.
Plus in the LFG you can enforce roles, so they had a advantage over us.

Just linking your picture for you.
Imgur

1 Like

This is true. The solo players are usually 200-300 sr above.

the system prefers to match groups with other groups but not everyone within every SR is making many combinations of each group so you should only see this situation rarely at dead times because they don’t want to give people who try to group up 30 minute queue times

That’s right, it’s obviously not fair for a 6 stack to wait 30 minutes( or even 10 or 5) for a match.
But the problem still remains, the conceptual one at least, what we could say about this situation can be summarized as :

“hey i cannot find another groups to match you guys, so I’ll put you against randoms( which i selected on their technical stats) and hope they organize to put you up to challenge” -MM

What that the MM fails to see here is that those 6 stack are in voice comm have all roles filled and may be a cohesive long time group playing together.
While on the other side it’s already a miracle if some one is even in VC ( not talking but just in the chat) instalocking whatever hero they like and despite even the greatest personal skill, compared to the enemy stack, we’ll crumble under the superior team work.

I recently got into a game with 5 other solo q players against a 6 stack. I was pretty tilted in the hero select screen but we actually won pretty easily. I think my teams average sr was like 100-150 higher than the 6 stacks as well.

I got into a game recently which involved the same situation that you’ve experienced, the 5 stack never spoke a single word nor in chat , nor in VC .

Still i went with my off tank and tried to play as much as a team i could do.

We won versus a 6 stack , I don’t remember who was higher in medium SR , but let me say that a 5+1 vs 6 situation is a acceptable compromise if the random guy is a decent human being ( or if the 5 stack ate not a bunch of troller / smurf / de rankers ) .

I think the “acceptable” limit in these situation are a maxium of 2 random soloQ accompanied by a 4 stack or 2+2 stack (but this last one is really a border line )

I ve been on this situation multiples times and the result is being rolled by the 6 stack.

nope.

Your chances on the Solo Rando team are at about 41%, but no idea how its calculated if MMR is only based on Win-Rate.

Indeed, and it was stated in a devs post.

Groups explained.

1 Like

Really interesting infos, thanks