Can the flaws of the game be realistically fixed?

Here’s some of my biggest issues with the game:

• Post-release heroes have extremely high impact abilities relative to release heroes, which have proven hard to balance

• Crowd control, knockback and other limiting abilities have escalated, of which wasn’t a problem at release, and the constant feeling of being ineffective as a result of this

• The developers’ vision for the game frequently seems confused, leading to some very questionable changes

• One everyone knows well enough; the imbalance of the roster

Is it possible for a sequel to fix all of these issues? I love this game but I think, over time, a hole has been dug of which the game simply cannot escape.

2 Likes

The game has hyper-mobile characters, this is just a dispute of who’s gonna dominate, hyper-mobile heroes or CC heroes.

1 Like

The actual post title should read will the balance of this game ever completely reflect my own personal views?.

The answer to that is no. None of us are every going to get everything we want. There are no perfect games, or even games which aligned with my preferences in totality.

4 Likes

Perhaps I couldn’t find a fitting title, but I do believe the points I make apply to at least a good portion of the player base, and reflect the state of the game as a whole.

Everyone likes to think that they speak for a majority. We’d all be better served if we just spoke for ourselves.

2 Likes

This is the source of all of the problems.

Something which I explicitly state in the OP.

Sadly no. The community is completely divided. The only thing the community will come together on is to complain about how bad Overwatch is. Seriously, Overwatch as a game is shocking- it’s the only game I’ve played where the community genuinely hates the game.

It’s not being fixed. Overwatch 2 is appeasement. Realistically, most people will leave when the lore is finished. Blizzard know that (hence why they drag it out with archives and comics and netflix shows and animated shorts and sequels and short stories).

2 Likes

Then why did you post that you believe your points apply to at least a good portion of the player base?

i reckon the point of making OW2 is to avoid the mistake that LoL made.
Convoluting the champion pool with too many champions inevitably leaves the old ones in the dust and incredibly hard to balance.

That’s what I truly believe, to the extent of my knowledge. I’m not going to lie to you.

Well, you’re almost certainly wrong about that. None of us speak for a majority. The best and wisest course of action is to simply speak for ourselves. And in that, none of us are ever going to get everything we want. There is no perfect balance. There may never even be “good” or “correct” balance.

In that case I’d love to hear your opinions about the points provided. I don’t think there is any meaningful conversation to be had otherwise

1 Like

Problem is CC punishes non mobile heroes far more than hyper mobile heroes.

It’s the equivalent of playing rock paper nuke.

Paper beats rock, nuke beats everything. Poor rock.

There isn’t meaningful conversation to be had at all. I don’t think crowd control is an issue, for example. I rather enjoy it. It is like brussels sprouts. I enjoy them as well, but if you don’t will there ever be a way for my words to convince you to like them? Certainly not; my words cannot sway you in ignoring the stimuli you are getting from your tongue and mouth.

We simply agree to disagree.

What is the point of replying to the conversation to the first place then if your mind has been made up and you are not willing to debate the question being asked? You have been very ‘all or nothing’ throughout this thread and I am struggling to see your perspective.

The point, as should have been evident, was to state that none of us were ever going to see this game become ideal in our eyes. It’s why I said just as much in my original reply.

I don’t expect that you’re going to see things my way. Why would the words of a random and anonymous stranger on the internet sway you from your own position?

Are we debating the flaws of the game or a debate on a forum in general?

We’re debating nothing. Debate is formal – it has a rigid structure. We’re discussing your position about the “flaws” of the game being realistically “fixed”. My position is that there will not be any such thing, because none of us agree on what constitutes a flaw, let alone the fixing of one, and that you’d be better served in just arguing from the individual perspective rather than attempt to create a universal perspective, as such a thing does not exist.

Yes, by nerfing DPS, but Blizzard will never do it. They’ll abandon Tanks & Healers completely at some point though & let on DPS remain. At least the game would be winnable for everyone at that point, and there’d be no broken picks because every DPS would counter each other.