Can something be done with Reinhardt's Gridironhardt skin's ult voiceline? (2018 summer games)

Hello, as of recent I have been getting back into the game because I have heard the meta has gotten quite fun. After playing half of my placements matches and I can surely say yes, it’s definitely versatile and pretty fun. But there’s one issue that is on my mind. It’s Reinhardt skin’s “Gridironhardt” ultimate voice line. The problem with it is that it’s shorter and more silent than the default one. I can’t make a little video comparing each other side to side because the skin was released in 2018’s summer games’ event, and that would the time when I decided to take a break from the game. But there is definitely a advantageous factor for people who have Gridironhardt skin equipped.

Back some time ago, there were noticeable differences in ult voiceline volumes in Lone Wofl/Okami Hanzo skins. Then after some time the volume for the wolf type Hanzo ultimate’s voice line was changed up a bit to make it a bit louder. If the change happened to those skins, I see no reason why it wouldn’t happen to this skin as well. This skin especially need a change because you have to react to earthshatter very fast or else you’re stunned, while Hanzo’s ult is just a slow moving projectile…

Speaking of ultimate voice lines, why do some skins have custom voice lines to begin with? IF Blizzard still follows their scheme of ‘skins are only cosmetical’, then why do these skins change an important part of gameplay? Yes, I know, a different voice line may fit with the skin’s theme, but I feel like that’s not big enough to reason to do so. Honestly, this game is already really hard/confusing to spectate and for new players to get into, why make it even more confusing? We will get to the point where the game will have so many skins with custom voice lines, that we will no longer recognize what that skin’s voice line actually does.

TL;DR - Gridironhardt skin’s ult voice line may be advantageous for people that have the skin equipped. All skins should share the same exact ultimate voice line to prevent confusion.

No. It just needs to be re-recorded so that touch isn’t so low and out of tune from the original line. The worst thing this game needs is less customization. It took them a couple of tries to get Ana’s fixed ult line to sound as her original recording.

1 Like

Overwatch is not the game if you want game customization. CSGO and TF2 would be those games with their abilities to basically change how your entire screen looks (especially with TF2’s custom huds and mods).

Whether you like it or not, different voice lines ESPECIALLY for ultimates that require sound reaction in order to counter, definitely have to place in this game. Well, maybe they do. We still don’t quite know whether Blizzard wants to make this game into an esport or not. No wonder OWL/Pro matches force everything (which includes voice lines) to be all default. I honestly do not care if the skin changes your appearance, but if you mess with the game mechanics itself, that’s where you have to draw the line on how much a skin that can be purchased with money can do.

Will never agree. This game has hardly anything going for it anymore.

Already in the works.

So your solution to dealing with this problem is just to wait for new Rein skins to be released so people could just equip the new one. I feel like that’s what you want me to tell. Sure, that could be a solution, especially since the skin is not aesthetically pleasing in the first place. I guess I will extend my break until a new Rein skin is released. cya

Rein is running on canadian healthcare these days. He needs actual help