🔷 Can someone tell me why we needed a full reinstall?

To implement the new replay system for OWL and eSports.

I’m pretty sure they optimised a lot of stuff in a lot of the game’s code

3 Likes

That’s the part that makes me nervous about the whole thing. “Optimizing” can have a lot of unintended side efffects.

But it doesn’t say that in the patch notes…

I’m sure they probably patched any bugs that came about with it… I mean, you don’t see any bugs in the normal game do you? :Kappa:

They probably removed some old useless code.

Pretty sure Symmetra is still in the game.

7 Likes

Savage.

2 Likes

Oddly enough I didn’t have to reinstall. The game just downloaded 400MB patch and that was it O.o

Yeah I think they did a background download throughout the past couple days, and ontop of that if you already have the PTR downloaded I think you have less to install.

kotakucom/overwatchs-next-big-patch-will-require-a-full-reinstall-1830345320

It’s optimisation patch(add a ‘.’ between kotaku and com)

They posted and stickied this a few days ago. Basically, they are making substantial changes to the client that should help increase performance for more players.

TO BRING MERCY BACK

20 words fdsvgefgsr

The background download was only 7GB just like the PTR patch (and I feel like it didn’t go all the way)

Can anyone comment on how the average FPS ingame is now? Has it gone up? Has it become more stable?

Have they confirmed that the “next major patch” has been deployed, though?

I think this is all because of esport and owl. Why I even don’t care about esport?

lmfao. take the tinfoil hat off

“Hey, where’d Competitive Mode go?”

2 Likes

Excuse me. That’s exactly what an alien would say. You’re not brainwashing me!!!