Can someone merge accounts after Overwatch 2 is released?

How do you know if you’re in the merge queue?

Mine has merged ok, almost instantly on Ps5.

I’m waiting for my son who didn’t press “merge” in OW1 and don’t think that will happen.

Yeah, that’s what I thought. Probably this issue is only happening with people that requested the merge starting yesterday.

So as an update to my own question, I saw the status change in-game just a couple of minutes ago between one of my matches. I got a message saying that my accounts had been merged successfully but now I can’t log back into the game to check if it actually happened. I’ll post here if I have more updates.

EDIT: Nevermind. Just got back in the game and it seems like my account is still in the merging process. This is so annoying…

3 Likes

So, Idk if any Ps4 Players that migrated to PC are here but did your inventory swap over? I haven’t touched Overwatch in 2 years but have had my account linked to Playstation account for years now.

3 Likes

Same here. Still merging, despite being “complete” over 24 hours ago.

Same here. If my skins and progress doesn’t merge. I’m not playing or purchasing anything from OW2

2 Likes

There’s something in the known issues thread that says that some players’ cosmetics from OW1 aren’t showing up as they should. So, if you confirmed the merge before OW1 went down, I’m guessing that the merge actually completed (which is why you aren’t seeing the option to merge) but you’re being affected by whatever other issue is not properly giving everyone access to their stuff.

This right here… would love to know what the solution around this is. Are they going to say you’re too late to the party or actually have a fix. Should’ve kept OW1 open purely to let people merge

2 Likes

I have a ps4 account that i played from 2018 to 2020, then i stopped playing and got back playing on pc early this year , i want the tons of skins i have on the ps4 account on a pc account but when i got inside the ps4 account on ow2 pc everthing was just a lv 1 and clicking the account merge option does nothing
i just wont play in the pc account nor the ps4 account cuz i risk putting progress into nothing
what do i do?

2 Likes

Looks like my account is fully merged, finally.

So you have everything? What did u do?

well in my case im on ps5 so idk why i would have to merge if im staying on playstation… like what would i be merging to

Nothing, just wait. Eventually, I logged into the game and there was a message saying the merging was done. And now I have access to the shop (which was previously unavailable due to the merging process).

Nothing seems to be missing so far.

1 Like

So, I haven’t gotten into the game yet (I tried a couple times but I was tired of seeing the server error message), been on PS4/PS5 only and on one account- did I even need to merge my account prior to OW2 release? I just merged my account because I am full of anxiety and thought that is what I had to do to make sure I kept all my stuff- I tried researching this before they released but nothing was 100% clear. And after seeing the stories of people missing stuff in their accounts and them being all messed up I am just more anxious.

I see where did u merge ? Since last time i tried on my ps4 the merge button didn’t do nothing. And if i have to do it on PC that its a RIP for me since i dont have one.

ok here’s my next question. Apparently i have already linked my Xbox account to my Battle net account, i think i did this for Diablo 3 or something but i can’t remember. Anyway, is that all i needed to do because i don’t see anything on my PC Overwatch 2 or on my Xbox X version to do a merge since on my xbox it is already logging into my Battle Net account? Is there another step i need to do? I still don’t have my stuff and i am extremely confused by this whole process.

Edit: on my Battle net account it does show it connected to my Xbox account. From what i understand this means that i am successfully merged but not sure if that is correct.

1 Like

Did your merge prompt show a default icon account when you clciked merge? I’m afraid to click merge for mine incase it merges and empty account to another empty account and I don’t get another chance to.
I really want them to fix all this bs so I can get all my cosmetics and linited skins and stats etc. I literally scrolled through my Microsoft purchase history and have purchases dating back to 2016 including the purchase of the game on September 13th 2016. I am thoroughly stressed and anxious about losing my stuff that’s so much time and money spent in one game.

imma give an update to those who it might relieve a little frustration but i merged my xbox account with hundreds of hours with my 5hr pc account yesterday around 2:30 est and was in merge queue up until now and i have all my cosmetics on my pc account now :slight_smile:

1 Like

You just made me more frustrated, cause i did the merge several days ago and still nothing :smiley:

1 Like

update! so i merged on console since day 1 of OW2 and i had the same issues like everyone here. So i was stuck on the “waiting for account to be merged” so i decided to experiment and switched my xbox’s location to UK to use the EU servers since those aren’t being attacked by the ddos. After that the migration actually gave me a position number and 90,000 players later i got my stuff finally transferred. So long story short try switching the location of your consoles to UK or Asia to switch to the servers that aren’t getting ddosed. Even if you already started the migration progress it’ll work

1 Like