Can somebody give me a quick rundown on what happend?

It seems like there was a Bug in the MMR System. Can somebody pls explain what happend in chronological order? I’m out of the loop.

From the information that we have, there was a bug and they have extended the beta to fix it. All we have been told is that the mmr from players previous seasons was not being respected.

Whether that means it was matching people randomly or just placing them incorrectly had not been said, to my knowledge.

1 Like

Thanks. Was the bug there all the time since the beta started or was it just yesterday?

Beta season ended normally. Season 18 started. Matches had no MMR. Top 500s matched with bronze, etc. Everyone placed gold. After placements, people would gain 2 SR per match. Season 18 was live for a few hours, then competitive was locked for an hour, then the servers were reverted to beta. This all happened yesterday.

3 Likes

Not sure if the exact bug was there in the beta, but I assume it wasn’t because the probably would have noticed (hopefully).

I will pray for you in this time of need even though you slander me. You will get it right.

Who would have thought that a triple A game company would botch something like this?

it was not, they bugged s18 by using the data from the beta season to determine starting SR for each role, so no data was used at all

at this point it happened