Can somebody explain how the MMR awarding system works?

Because I don’t get it at all.

*Someone on my team disconnects and we lose: I lose 24 points.
*Someone on my team disconnects and we win: I gain maybe 20-25 points
*Won a game where no one disconnects and it was a blowout, I was solo healing a 5 DPS team on Anubis and they couldn’t take the first point. Very few deaths on my team as well: I get 9 points.

I seriously don’t get it, why do I lose full points when someone on my team disconnects and I don’t get extra points when I win a nigh-impossible match? And speaking of, why would MMR even match-make together a team so uneven (even though we’re all Plat) that it would only net me a negligible amount of points. HOWEVER if somehow I lost because my team meme’d too hard I would probably end up losing OVER the standard 24 points and tumble even further down.

Blizzard…What is this I don’t even…

It used to be reduced for leavers but parties would just have someone take the L so the others didn’t lose SR. Additionally the team who was winning would get reduced gains for reasons beyond their control (and nobody ragequits a winning game) so that wasn’t very fair either.

If you’re in plat and you only get 9 SR for a win it means you’re playing really badly. That’s not an insult, it’s literally how the system works. I’m pretty sure you don’t know that because most people who know wouldn’t admit to getting 9 SR on a win. If your in a situation where you only got 9 for a win you would have lost a TON of SR for a loss.

You are underperforming for your rank.

Leaving is not taken into account when awarding SR (except for the leaver, who is penalized 50). This is to prevent people from trying to game the system by strategic leaving.

This is probably a bug or poor notes on your part, unless you were basically afk. Normal motion is 15-35.

A more complete explainer is at How Competitive Skill Rating Works (Season 10)

Or that he changes heroes a lot (which is probably bad as well)

No. No one can explain that to you because it is not public information. Very little has come out regarding this system. What you will get is a bunch of speculation.

The only advice I could give you is do your job, work as a team, and win games. Oh, and don’t die.

I really don’t think I am. On average per game I heal over 35% of the damage my team takes, I get a lot of rezzes, I amp damage to secure kills, I avoid getting caught in team fighting ults and a lot of the times I’m the last person standing after a team fight. My stats on Overbuff and Oversumo even show that I’m preforming higher than my rank