Can my suspension be removed from my record?

First off, I don’t know which category to post this in so I posted it in Technical Support. It’s not the game’s fault; It’s my internet routers fault.
So, I was playing Competitive when my Internet decided to crap out on me.
I lost connection and had to fix this garbage router I have, and then I tried to reconnect and It messed up again! Then I switched to my first network (I was on the second) and went to rejoin but the match already ended. All I want is for it to not be on my account records as I could not control my internet. Thanks! P.S. The internet provider has been paid so the internet did NOT get shut off by them.

Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:

Darn, I just hope that this one penalty doesn’t lead me to a ban soon if this happens again… Thanks for linking the post and taking the time to reply, WyomingMyst! Have a good day! :wave:

While it can take as little as six games to trigger a season ban, you can work back into good standing by playing several games to completion. As long as you are completing a majority of your games, you will have nothing to worry about. Since it sounds like you have identified your issue, I will save you any technical troubleshooting, but should you like any tips, please say so.

I also have crappy internet, which occasionally blips out once-in-a-blue-moon. As long as it’s only occasional for you, you should be fine