Can Lucio get some love

Here’s hoping for an acknowledgement, but Lucio’s in a bad place. His ult can’t counter burst damage like Junkrat’s ult, it’s too slow and decays too quickly. I just played a game on Illios Lighthouse where Junkrat used riptire right outside of the lighthouse to come in through the window. I ulted the second I saw the tire, but I was in the air so the “.8 second cast time” became a 1.5 second cast time, by which time the Tire had exploded and killed my team, costing us the game. This isn’t a situation of being outplayed, or of my skill at Lucio. This me using a skill as it is intended to be used and losing because of it.

This isn’t okay, and this is just the tip of the iceburg. Lucio has been indirectly nerfed since his rework last year. His wallride “bug” getting patched out after 8 months of continuous use across the board. The ult change where everyone loses their ults if they’re stunned or killed during cast (except for transformation ults, who were the biggest offenders and the reason why the change was asked for). Counters being added or buffed (Moira, Junkrat to name a couple). And most recently, the new movement changes which let people walk on air after being knocked off a ledge and simultaneously increasing the difficulty of Wallride.

The game has changed, but Lucio has stagnated. He needs to be able to act faster in this new fast paced game.

2 Likes

I made a post the other day about a quality of life change to Lucio, making his “boop” cancel projectiles that explode on impact.

I imagine that would be difficult, making Lucio’s boop essentially a barrier every 4 seconds, but that doesnt’ change the issues with the rest of Lucio’s kit.

1 Like