Can everyone stop ridiculing devs for posting things that they don't agree with?

besides, despite being plat/having touched diamond I know that genji and soldier aren’t great RN

doesn’t take a gigabrained t500 to figure that out

Some things said there were pure non sense tho.

I quit because of the balance is Plat. Lots of tanks and supports have. For the exact reasons this dev thinks doesnt exist.

Its not like these are just dudes unrelated to Blizzards. It ought to be someone’s job to do PR. PR people’s job is literally to deal with the heat.

They could, idk, actually attempt to appease us once? They almost always do the opposite of what the community wants.

So in other words, you’re saying everyone else can’t read. Nowhere did he explicitly state that Soldier is balanced.

It’s literally impossible to do the opposite of what the community wants because the community is not a single entity.

1 Like

you’re falling into the trap of thinking that because someone can’t play the game at the highest level they must not have a high-level understanding of the game. literally every professional sports league proves that not to be true. look at how many professional coaches either didn’t play the game they coach or played but fell well short of making it to the big time. it happens all the time. don’t think because you made top 500 that you necessarily know better than a plat dude who watches OWL & Top 500 streamers constantly.

in other words, have a little humility and show some respect. you don’t know what you don’t know.

2 Likes

game devs. they know ppl will not agree with em and @ them for it.

WoW devs are more vocal than OW devs, get tons of negativity, but they take it w/o being afraid of it.

OW devs have never said “we were wrong”. WoW devs have many times (most iconic is the “dont play demo spec” video where they agreed they didnt do the spec well and were gonna work on it…which they did next xpac and it was great

OW devs seem to think they are always correct…and that is not good for them or the community. They ignore feedback.

Sure, a brat can whine, but then again they were usually spoiled or didn’t know better.
The devs are grown adults who should know to ignore the hate and do their job the same.

RIOT games devs are another case of comparision…outgoing to community, keep players in the know, and they are hatedo n for many thigns…but again they dont let it stop them rom doing what they do.

Devs who can’t take a bit of hate are in wrong career becasue EVERBODY will not like changes. Everyone is different and has differnt likes/dislikes. THIS IS LIFE.

oh and saying S76 is fine DOES show they don’t know their own game well. (becasue he is struggling and requires some changes)

hanzo’s SA has been problematic for how many months? and they are JUST getting to him?

Blizzard claims AAA game company…the team puts forth indie dev value though.

Yes, not something they want to hear, but its a fact. smaller companies do better than they do.

2 Likes

Yeah… But they are right this time. The more the community whines when they are objectively correct, the more they will believe they are actually correct when they are wrong.

I believe the response is fair since the “radio silence” went on for so long, along with the one time that they have replied being a big old smack to the face denial of any issues.

If I neglected someone I would expect the same response.

If I ever quit this game it’ll never because of the game itself, but the horrible community that plays it.

I’ve never been so disappointed in a gaming community I’m a part of before.

1 Like

Nowhere in OP’s post does it say anything like that.

OP even said “I’m not saying they can’t make mistakes”.

Come on man.

1 Like

And Overbuff is wrong! It gets stats from profiles, and guess what is a thing, Private profiles. The dev team has the actual numbers

overbuff isnt wrong it gives us the stats that we have access to and puts it in one single site

I mean it’s the best we got but it’s objectively bad data.

Sym’s still listed as a support, they still break out the DPS category into Offense and Defense, and it is limited to the Public profiles, which does create a meaningful self-selection bias.

They also don’t have any readily available information on their methodology so we have no idea how they calculate any of their numbers or if any changes were made when RQ got introduced.

They’re still adding new heroes but at this point I’m not certain the foundation of the stats is reflective of how much the game has changed.

They stopped respecting constructive criticism long before the forums got this bad. They made let this situation fester, and that is on them.

They have ignored most constructive criticism from day one. They even highlighted the “feedback we want to hear”, said post was unmitigated praise only. They don’t take any criticism well, constructive or not.

Still, no reason to be a douche to the devs is what I’m trying to say.

I’ve called out those who go too far myself, but I have lost any respect I had for the developers of Overwatch. Sometimes harsher words than normal are needed if any progress is to be made, and while I personally do my best to have a more irenic discussion, I think the developers have earned much of the harsh criticism they have received.

Oh they have, don’t get me wrong. I just think people could word their criticism in a better way.