Can echo make more noise

If she’s going to one shot me from directly above my head with a 6 second cooldown, I’d like to hear her coming.

Launching she makes decent sound but she quickly becomes silent, this becomes really dangerous when you take into account her mobility allows her to be anywhere on the map just below the skybox, she overtakes hog as the games best spawn camper.

10 Likes

It’s funny because her beam when it’s hitting u and her sticky bombs are like the loudest things in the game. But her just simply moving and flanking are practically silent.

4 Likes

same, honestly
i’ve been exclusively playing her since she launched and i kill people who don’t know i’m there and i just feel bad like they should have heard me it’s not like i’m crouching slowly or hiding i literally JUMP ACROSS THE MAP TO GET TO THEM

1 Like

It’s so jarring because every other noise Echo makes is perfect for letting you know where she is or where she’s attacking, important for a hero with as much burst as she.

But it’s her glide that’s so bizarrely quiet despite having a custom noise for it. It’s practically silent despite being perfectly audible when playing as her.

+1 This is actually my only real issue with the hero.

She is a fairly balanced hero. All i think they need to do is the nerf the damage on half hp heroes with her E a bit and just amp up her sound when moving and gliding and she honestly wouldn’t be too bad. Seeing she does fly and the top dps picks in this meta have been cree and widow.

1 Like

Rear audio doesn’t work right.

1 Like

If she plays her cards right, you only hear her when it’s too late.
The ridiculous volume, and obstructive clutter of her orbs and beam serve as unnecessary peripheral cues and instead make it infinitely harder make it harder to attempt to trade.

As far as her flight, there is admittedly sound, the problem is the sound sounds like the background effect of the environment.

The most ironic thing about this all is that official blizzard [post(If she plays her cards right, you only hear her when it’s too late.
The ridiculous volume, and obstructive clutter of her orbs and beam serve as unnecessary peripheral cues and instead make it infinitely harder make it harder to attempt to trade.

The most ironic thing about this all is that official blizzard forum post romanticising the romanticising the artsy and creative side of the sound design.
Meanwhile all i think is : (and sorry to flog a dead horse with this low effort format)

• No one:
  • Absolutely no one:
  • EcHo fLaNkInG fRoM ThE tOp Of yoUR sPaWn rOoM:

DRRRDRRRDDRRRDRRRDRRR - BALLS ALL OVER MY FACE, I CAN’T SEE [REDACTED] - wuwuwuWUWUWUWUWUWU BOOOOOM - BZzZzZzZzZtttT - PLINK-PLINK-PLINK-PLINK

2 Likes