Can Brig PLEASE get a stronger shield?

Yeah, and it’s a shame too. If they haven’t changed Mercy despite all the threads here, then my last hope is OW2.

I know the armor buff will help but it’s still not enough.

In lower ranks?

I don’t think you’re playing her right, then.

Its hard when you learn to play a hero and then the devs completely change how the hero plays.

1 Like

She doesnt need any extra shielding. I support the shielding playstyle for Brig but she is a support class not a shielding tank so she doesnt need an extra shield. As far as I’m concerned the worst part about her is that when you run out of shield she gets in the middle of all the enemies.

Support does not mean they’re limited to only healing/directly supporting their teammates. If a hero is only good in ideal situations (Dive vs Brig), then what reason is there to actually play a hero that is otherwise garbage?

Brig’s shield HP is far too low, but if she doesn’t need more shield hp, then realistically what is she bringing to the table that another support doesn’t already bring to the table? At this point, it’s the potential to stop dive. That’s her purpose. If the enemy team isn’t running dive, there’s zero reason to pick Brig.

1 Like

The reverse is also true. Balancing around the lower ranks makes balance in higher ranks totally out of whack. At least if you balance for the uppermost ranks the heroes will be actually balanced since they can use the heroes to their limits & not buffed to the point that even first time players can do great with every hero off the bat (which means they’re overtuned at higher ranks).

Balancing top-down is the correct choice.

Overhealing with armor & CC.

She definitely needs a buff, I think a 300 hp shield plus maybe 50 permanent armor with jet ult would serve her well

I’m thinking they should actually balance around both. For example, Brig’s shield HP is crucial for lower ranks. It’s something that isn’t as important in the higher ranks because you have a lot more teamwork there. Balancing exclusively around the higher ranks is a nightmare for those in the lower ranks, but balancing exclusively around the lower ranks makes a hero too powerful in the higher ranks. Which is why a hero should primarily be balanced around the higher ranks but still have the tools necessary to do well in the lower ranks where there’s less teamwork.

Buffing inspire means very little to those in the lower ranks because teamwork is severely lacking and even when there is teamwork, there’s a lack of team synergy versus a team that has excellent synergy and the teamwork to back it up.

1 Like

Her shield needs to last longer than 2 shots from most DPS (2 nades, 2 rockets, 2 widow shots, 2 ashe shots, 2 arrows, etc)

2 Likes

What do you mean RP?

Repair Pack

What you’re saying makes sense, but they can’t buff Brigs shield all that much without making her a high output hero without requiring much effort in high ranks. It’s her 200hp shield that makes her skillful, but I wouldn’t be against it being 250.

1 Like

I have been thinking this was possible, but now I am not sure she even needs it. The stronger that shield is the more she is apt to be abused again.

I think she needs more ways to self regen instead. Right now she is heavily relying on the 2nd healer to heal her. And she kinda need to activate inspire to give the healing output , which she need to close in the distance when fight began. If 2nd healer died, or 2nd healer is some dps healer or Zen that don’t put healing orb on you . then it is a sad experience playing Brig.

For some reason , there is 30- 40% chance the 2nd healer focus on healing other teammate but Brig. Maybe the healer thinks Brig can heal herself back just fine.

1 Like

I would be fine with stronger self heal instead of a shield increase. I’m tired of Brig being made of glass.

1 Like

Anyone else notice how often the word “literally” gets thrown around here? Sad thing is not all of them can actually be literal.

no. Give her more healing output. Not more self defense. Shes what ruined this game in the first place. Gave all the casuals the idea that were actually good with an overtuned hero now they ask for buffs bc they realize how inept they actually were

I personally think she should just be left alone.

A few days ago I shield bashed an ulting reaper but it got canceled mid bash because the shield broke and I ended up dying.

Honestly the shield health is ridiculous.

2 Likes

She was able to dominate because 500 shield HP was fairly high, and because the 16hp/s self-heal allowed her to attack, shield, attack, shield, rinse and repeat until the enemy is dead.