Can’t win a single game

If you have 50% win rate that means you are in your true rank. From here you have to get some tips to climb past Gold 1, like learn new techs, watch guides etc.

The ranking mechanics are not posted anywhere. This is all theory.

1 Like

fiction. there’s a multitude of factors that you’re seemingly oblivious to.

Such as?

The one thing that will help you climb is to win games by getting more elims (on DPS at least). I literally went from Silver 4 to Plat 1 by just focusing on what I can do to win games. That means switching to heroes I didn’t necessarily want to play. Most players at lower elo will just refuse to switch and be stubborn despite getting countered. This lowers your impact in the match and even if you win - you’ll get DESTROYED at higher elos. The game knows that and won’t raise your MMR.

Lesson 1: Switch to win

2nd mistake people make at lower elos is people don’t attack the backline - just keep shooting the tank for eternity. Leave that friggin Rein and kill his Ana/Kiriko that are keeping him alive! Kill the DPS… and focus the tank later. Tank dies if the support dies.

Lesson 2: Attack squishies first, NOT the tank

With just these two rules… you’ll start to win TONS of matches. I promise.

considering my queue times went from 1 to 7mins, in an instant, while all other accounts are 1min, proving malicious intent, i’ll let the misfit who orchestrated such provide answers, until genuine queue time is restored. i’ve helped 1000’s gain sr. i’ve helped 1000’s on the forum. only to be mistreated due to the inner bitterness of an unknown misfit, within the office, who doesn’t value forum veracity. on one hand, i’m grateful bc it revealed the queuing system is fake.

I believe that having fair and balanced games is NOT the priority nor the purpose of overwatch2’s matchmaker.

I think it just wants to minimize queue times while doing what it can to have you somewhat on a 50% wr over a larger volume of games. Frequent clown games as a result it is. Just put on the makeup and be part of the circus

I think if the games were fair and balanced, you’d have to fight very hard for each win. Most players would just get exhausted and stop playing.

…‘stats’ don’t mean anything if swapping to another hero would’ve had a higher chance of helping your team win the round…? :thinking:

Unfortunately for you scoreboard does not indicate that someone plays better all the time.

You could be holding heal on your tank all day while flying and get most healing, however you’re not really as effective as a Mercy who damage boosts her DPS all game. There’s other things to take into consideration other than the scoreboard. Try to review your games and see how you can survive more or what mistakes you made that caused you to die or leave a teammate to die etc.

Basically keep practicing and your win rate will stabilize at the rank you belong in.

I used to review my matches, but I’ve given up as since OW2 it always just turns out I’ve have a team mate who can’t walk in a straight line, or they decide to walk up to the enemy spawn first round on their own and die, or they just don’t know how to play the game or what their heroes abilities are or even what they are supposed to do in the role.

New players and children basically. I can’t really blame them we were all new at one point. But I thought new players were supposed to start in bronze now? I’m plat and I often have these deadweight players on my team. The few I’ve seen with open profiles are almost always new players, <30 hours on the game, not even ranked in competitive yet put in a plat lobby with a support who has literally 100x the playtime and experience they do.

The ranking system and matchmaking just makes zero sense at the moment. I can’t even remember the last time I had a fair match. If the role matching in season 3 doesn’t fix it then I can’t see any future for the competitive side of this game.

Yeah, this is happening to me too. I lost 10 in a row yesterday and lost two ranks. I use Kiriko mostly and Mercy when I’m bored with her.

Just reached my peak of plat 4… but things are different. And believe you me I’m still out performing my team but something is off with my dps partners or tank… or both. I immediately stopped playing.

Same here. I think new players joined in at the last moment. They fubared my rank. My games used to be good. I keep seeing clueless teammates.

honestly the best way to show Blizzard you’re not happy is be one of the leavers. It sucks that it hurts everyone, but if the game is not in a good state then they’ll find out the hard way. If they have analytics it’ll show there are a lot of leavers and they’ll have to figure out how to fix that problem.

I won 7 in a row to lose 10 in a row. These lying dev’s say there’s no winner/loser queue yet streaks happen so much their credibility is garbage.

That’s what happened to me. Now I get more losses than wins. I don’t know what happened and get deranked. I don’t want to play now.