Can’t win a single game

It’s not smurfs. It’s everyone and their dog deranked for “Progression”. You playing higher level players in lower ELO as they Thunderdome out.

1 Like

I’ve been playing a few games this morning and I think it’s just down to tanks. If you get a bad tank your entire team tends to fall apart, dps struggle as enemy tank can run free. People give up if no progress is made within the first 30 seconds to a minute and then you don’t stand a chance. Not always the case but at least with the other roles if one is bad the other has the chance to make up for it. Bad tank it’s GG.

It’s really bad game design. In g2 I’m seeing brand new tank players going up against people who were plat or diamond in OW1. What’s the the point in keeping OW1 stats if they’re going to ignore them and put new players in gold anyway? They need to start in bronze and work their way up that’s just common sense.

3 Likes

If you climb by performance with a 40% winrate you cannot complain when other do the same.

If ranking was done by winrate you would get players that have the correct gamesense and prioritizes learning the game to win and not statpadding to plat.

1 Like

Nah F this game. It’s 100% rigged. 6 wins in a row again today followed by 7 literally impossible to win games before I get my 7th win. Each 7th win feels like a gatekeeper match from OW1 where the teams are stacked against you. It’s ridiculous and shouldn’t be called competitive as it’s clearly not a level playing field.

In one of these fixed matches I had a new OW2 player on tank fresh out of their 50 QP wins Vs a veteran doing their placements who was 3.2 last season… in a g2 lobby. How is that remotely fair?

6 Likes

let me warn you don’t listen to all these negative toxic people who say focus on yourself, get better blah blah blah, of course anyone who care enough to make a post is going to care about getting better, the problem is not you, you can be a pro who can click 999999 times in 1 sec but if you have bad team you are not going to win at all. Reason this occur is because the game matchmaking is always at 50% which means it’s going to be like rolling a dice all the time, all your knowledge skill and everything will mean nothing, so you will always face someone who is as bad and someone who is as good, so winning and losing becomes luck, so you can either take the game not seriously and keep rolling the dice or play some other game where there is no 50% win rate like fighting games, age of empire 4 or even wow because in those games if you put in the hard work you will be rewarded sweetly. it took me years and a whole lot of frustration to understand this matchmaking, better to make a team and compete in elo for real money, but playing solo queue from home? it’s nightmare, it’s not just this game it’s all the same in team vs team competitive game/mobas like dota, lol, mobile legends etc.

Or stick to QP like I have for years. Looks like I may treat OW2 comp the same as in play to place and for my rewards and that’s about it.

I want to play only ranked but what the OP is describing is essentially comp and that isn’t fun.

You had a 9 game losing streak? 22 game losing streak here. Same thing as you, out preformed (not always but I’d say 80% of the time) my other support and enemy team. What happened in my games? 90% of the time bad DPS over and over again. Once and a while bad tank here and there but mostly i’d say my DPS were preforming at bronze/newbie level. And just like the other people keep saying “oh your the common factor here it’s you and only you!” I peaked at 3.6k in OW1 don’t sit here tell me that I am solo 100% losing these game for my team. The game just sucks at MM plain and simple and yet the OP and myself is more and more evidence that MM is just not working.

4 Likes

If you only play comp to place you’ll likely end up a lot lower than you were in OW1 and then if you continue to only play for placements your rank will decay. You’d be better off not playing that mode at all.

No it won’t come back!

I used to be gold rank, now i am lowest bronze.

I didnt forget how to play this game overnight.

Every game now my team gets 10-15 kills each and opponents get 40-60. And it’s not like one player super good or one super bad it is like whole team of noobs against pro team - every single game!!! Nonsense. My personal skills do not matter in this game at all. Nothing i can do helps.

Used to be a nice game to enjoy, now it is just a pool of frustration.

2 Likes

I finished OW1 gate kept DPS SR at 2338. Placed Silver 2, so roughly 500 SR lower. If this holds true for my Tank and Support placements I should place Gold 4 on both. Maybe I’ll have more fun on my tank games as that’s my main role… but I don’t see support being fun.

1 Like

Honestly I feel the best way to have a better chance at winning is teaming up with friends or people that actually put in the work. Playing ow2 comp solo can make you frustrated at times. An example of that would be when i was playing mercy and the dps were not putting out enough damage and I was out damaging them even when i was healing and damage boosting them :upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:.

Problem with mercy is, you rely your teammates to win, since you can’t really carry with mercy. Unlike ana, zen, bap and lucio where you can actually make huge plays and win the game with a worse team. So you will have some unwinable games, some times in a row.

What if I’m Silver 2 and my friend is Bronze 3 or worse? Won’t losing make me go down faster?

This is true. But sitting in a 10 minute queue to play isn’t much fun either.

Baptise is very fun. I like the choice of being able to become a DPS if I want.

i feel you man i genuinely cant win any of my ranked games just because i get queued up with new players every single time, wish ow2 would implement a system where i get queued up with people that played the game for a considerable amount of time, its not even fun to play quick play or comp anymore.

2 Likes

yea i feel the same here from germany

I’m wondering now if they saw this coming and it’s why they removed the group feature. I can see it right now, no new players groups.

Third time round tonight same thing a few easy games, 1 loss then another three wins then unwinable spawn camps for the next 5 games ended with 7 wins 6 losses and rank stays the exact same at g2 for the third time running. It feels like a complete con

Did they screw up ranking? I went from winning 5 games every 7 to losing the vast majority because im getting dps that are completely clueless. I am outdpsing the dps on my team AND outhealing at least one of the enemies healers, as ANA.

1 Like

I love mercy when I’m not try harding Jumping around as Lucio. Give some heals, shoot a support in the head when their low HP. Watch you DPS statpadding by doing nothing but shoot the tank health pools gaining worthless Damage numbers but not get any picks.

Observe the tank run at the first 1hp of damage received. Watch the whole team collapse. REZ a backline support and get headshot from a Sojourn at the edge of the map.

Good times.

1 Like