Can’t leave competitive games with your group

There seems to be a bug where you can’t leave game as group after the game is over in competitive, it just backs you out alone, makes you leave the group and you have to invite your friends back.

13 Likes

Same, me and my friends have been having this issue for a few days now

1 Like

The same thing has been happening to me. Its been about a week now.

1 Like

Same for me. Are you console or PC? I am playstation.

1 Like

This has been happening to us as well. It is particularly annoying because we move quickly and leave then queue up for the next game right away. Sometimes the queue pops before we notice and we join a game without each other. Blizzard needs to fix this ASAP.

1 Like

Have had this issue as well. Given the track record, the bug will likely be fixed with Season 8, during which they will break something else… somehow. Like how F9 could not capture POTG, they fixed it the next season but have now broken the tab scoreboard hotkey.

For a “live service game”, is baffling how simple fixes take 1-2 months to deploy (console patch delays notwithstanding).

2 Likes

Same problem here and that’s 20 characters

1 Like

This is happening to me as well.

1 Like

this and the stupid can’t press TAB during play of the game is driving me crazy

2 Likes

Having the same issue. Bump.

1 Like

Same it’s super annoying

1 Like

Same, it’s been going on since the beginning of the season. I’ve tried unchecking it then rechecking it and it doesn’t matter it always breaks the group up. It’s crazy to me that this hasn’t been patched yet. Is this the new feature of the season? We won’t see a fix for several seasons and it’ll be a new feature for the game then?

1 Like

Would say it is baffling how no one catches these bugs before going live, but suppose it is more evidence no one at Blizzard actually plays Overwatch (or launches it).

1 Like

Same issue, been on live since the start of the season.

1 Like

devs are such a joke, been a bug for weeks now they dont even look at their forums or anything

1 Like

Still the same issue, devs please fix this bug!!!

1 Like

You are not alone in experiencing this bug. I’ve linked the competitive bugs megathread at the bottom of this post, which archives and documents almost every competitive bug. I put your thread under: Matchmaker Queue Time And Balance. Please help in spreading the word about this megathread and other related threads regarding these issues.

Same here. Happens when you leave before the “play of game” highlight reel ends but not if you stay until the very end.

1 Like