Calling Cassidy by original name

Nah new name is Doug McCunkle

One of the first things learned in the world of software development is that one should never trust user input. Any time you provide some form of privilege or freedom of constraint to a user, she will find some way to use it inappropriately (either acting in good faith or malice).

The mindset still applies here, and said mindset may even be used to reduce noise generated from it…

If someone can, surely one will.

So yeah, I’m certain some individual will find justification in doing so. Will it amount to anything?

• Suppose that the system is solely based / influenced by volume. If true, probably not.
  • Does the system rely on some manual verification or even computed analysis? If true, probably not.

I doubt any single report is enough to satisfy the need for action if the offense is a range of outputs. It is not consistent. It would make more sense to alleviate manpower with thresholds.

Long story short, I’ve seen people report for less. Heck, who’s to say you and I aren’t ever reported? I have never been banned. I have never done actions that would justify a ban. I have been accused and I have been allegedly ‘reported’ (and that is their privilege), but I have never been actioned against as a result of it.

I have reported others for obviously poor behavior and I have seen it work in action (I assume so, because I rarely report). Of course, such behavior affected many, so chances are they, too, reported. So maybe there is a bit of frequency over the course of time / games involved.

1 Like

I’m sure some people will do so, but nobody is going to be banned because of it.

Contrary to what the forums will tell you, you don’t get banned/silenced by getting false reported for completely arbitrary nonsense. The people who get banned are actually being toxic.

1 Like

I cannot speak for others but I personally would not.

Lol, okay nerd :nerd_face:

1 Like

You’re welcome. :man_teacher:t5:

Absolutely. But that’s just the way Overwatch is with its automated report system.

The player report system is automated and the support staff are trained to not reverse player suspensions. What andyb says doesn’t actually apply.

Like blizzard does anything to those who make “false reports”, lol.

Most of the categories are governed by volume and then auto suspend an account. The only exception is the “cheating” category. Once a smaller threshold is met then those reports are pushed off to the general hacks team for investigation.

1 Like

Automatic report/suspension system doesn’t care what AndyB says :rofl:

I still call him McCree out of habit. I honestly can’t take Cole Cassidy seriously. He sounds like a country singer.

4 Likes

The automated system would like to have a word with you. Blizzard doesn’t have the money to pay for real game GMs because Bobby needs some more yachts.

1 Like

no - the report system is fully automated - its based on how many reports are submitted NOT on an actual employed person sitting there and investigating. Sad but true.

More jobs the digital age should have created - but corporate greed denied.

You wont believe how easy some people these days being offended for the smallest things.

1 Like

I haven’t heard a single person in game call him Cassidy yet :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

If this be true. I hope they report the guy in the car…. “Is that Jessie McCree!?”
XD

I would hope not. I’ve called him 'Cree for the past what, five years?

It’s short, simple, one syllable. Everyone will know who I’m talking about. Cassidy is too long, Cass in a heated battle might be misheard as me calling someone the last three letters of it, and Cole is too close to Moira’s ult and might also be mistaken.

Plus I’m just used to it. 'Cree he was and always will be to me, so whatevs.

1 Like