Calling all roadhog mains

They are objectively good. It is Elitism because ofc Top 500 are better, but they are still good players. At any given season a new top 500 player can come from GM. Some top 500 players will fall out to regular GM.

It’s like one group gets an A+ on a test and claims that people who got As are bad.

It’s as pure elitism as it gets.

GM is the top 1% of the playerbase. Very few people in the world could ever hope to be GM. Taking that away from them because they aren’t the top .05 is just ridiculous.

They are all good. There is no such thing as a GM bad at the game. They might be worse than top 500 but they are all good players. Objectively.

1 Like

No, GM players are better players, but again they aren’t good at the game, they’re just better than everyone else. It’s more like everyone gets a D- and u get a C+ and the T500s get As and then pros get A+. A C+ isn’t good, but it’s much better. An A? That’s good. And ofc the t500s are better that’s how it works, but they’re just good at the game while GM’s are not.

They are better than 99% of the playerbase. A 99% is an A. Literally. They get an A. They are rare as hell.

Anyone of them can improve that last hurdle and become top 500. Or a meta may swing in their favor and then they are top 500.

They get As, top 500 A+, and pros are those students that get to teach the class.

1 Like

Yes that’s how it works if ur thinking of School grade percentages, but on a scale of Overwatch and how good u are? Definite C+ to B (maximum).

Yep and if either of these happen that means they are equipped to be good enough at that time, but the meta could change or their skill could degrade and they just drop to GM again. I’m not trying to take away from the achievement. GM isn’t an easy feat and the grind is real. But getting it doesn’t mean ur actually good at the game yet. GM is the intro to actually getting good, like the previews of a movie. U hit GM and now the previews are over, let’s get into what we came here for.

The hook melee combo is nice to know. Can speed up some kills. Use your secondary fire at middle distance. It still dusts at longer ranges but middle distance is the sweet spot for the airburst. Use Whole hog at near point blank ranges to melt your enemies or if during overtime use it to force people off point

1 Like

Only if you look at the game from an elitist point of view. Where the only people who matter are the pros and top 500s.

To get to GM you have to be good at the game. It’s from there you can become more than just a good hobbyist to someone capable of becoming a pro.

But top 500s and pros are not shaped from people bad at the game. They are shaped from people good at the game, who have the potential to be greats.

And you are absolutely taking away from their accomplishments when you sit there and say ridiculous stuff like GMs are not good just because they aren’t members of the elites yet.

Curious, do you also consider yourself trash at the game?

1 Like

Pros are the elites. T500 to GM is the same difference as Plat to Masters it’s that massive and then pro to T500 play is also like plat to masters again. The disparity in skill is so massive that when people call GMs ‘good’ it makes me laugh because of how little GMs know. Like my movie analogy, the first 7 ranks are just 50% on the road to becoming good. When u call GMs good it throws out of proportion the actual skills a GM player has. I was GM. Am I good? Far from it. I would say I am around that B level like I said earlier. There’s still too much that GMs have to learn to be considered good.

I also wonder what he thinks about any top 500 dps players that got pushed out in favor of all those Brigs. Are they trash while all those Brigs are the ones actually good at the game?

From the little I read, every1 is trash at the game period.

2 Likes

Yes. I know I am not good yet, and I still have loads to improve upon.

And? There is a massive difference between a hobbyist and a professional, but some hobbyist become professionals for various companies because the people can see the talent is there just not the training. They don’t invite garbage hobbyists.

The same is true in OW. GMs are as good.

Nobody who is trash at the game becomes a top 500. And yet, GMs become top 500 fairly regularly. Likewise someone who was top 500 isn’t suddenly trash just because they didn’t play a while or the meta shifted out of their favor. Especially if it then swings back in their favor and they are back on top.

It is completely irrelevant that there is a significant skill gap there. Because a skill gap between good, great, and Elite is to be expected. It doesn’t turn good players into trash. It’s preposterous.

And the only way anyone could come to that conclusion is if they act like the elites are the only ones who matter. Which is plain and simple elitism.

… where do u get that conclusion? I never once mentioned that only the best mattered, tf? I just said that GMs aren’t good at the game. That good, great and elite thing u made? Make good T500 make great Contenders/T3 and elite is OWL. There is 0 elitism in the argument: “Are GMs defined as good?” Where do u get that?

Because your entire defintion completely excludes anyone but the best of the best, with no regard to playerbase as a whole and how players are distributed.

The idea that only league players are elite and contenders are just “great” shows how ridiculously you revolve around the elite being the only thing that matters.

Meanwhile the Vancouver Titans are just a full Contenders team by a different name. And they have been playing better than most OWL teams. But sure Runaway was just great until the name change.

All those Brigitte top 500 players that pushed out some very skilled DPS? They are good and those dps are trash.

Those are the kind of conclusions one would draw if going by your definition. Which is why elitism is silly.

Like honestly…

Orisa and roadhog are top picks in grandmaster… This has never been the case prior to now.

Hog isn’t bad. Especially not in this meta.

Sure but these are exceptions. Runaway didn’t have the money to get an OWL spot and their now owners just didn’t get into the OWL game. Also in S1 OWL Runaway are not a fantastic dive team. They’re more middle of the road. They’re just really good at goats, so the meta that they’re known for didn’t even exist when they could’ve played in OWL

Keep it realistic, I’m not a monster. Abusers of OP heroes obviously wouldn’t count.

No I just, y’know, think they’re the good players that play the game? And that has nothing to do with whether the rest of the player base matters to me because I am gauging them on their skill level based on what I have seen?

And they have went on record and said there are other Contenders teams better than some OWL teams. And given all the recruitment from Korean Contenders, I am inclined to agree.

Regardless anyone skilled enough to play on a pro team is an elite. They may not be the best of the best, but they are pros. Even the worst pro can run an average player blindfolded.

Why shouldn’t they? They are top 500. Those other players are just GMs. What about heroes that are OP in that meta but require aim? What about anyone top 500 on an off-meta and underpowered hero, are they gods?

Any view that cuts off 99% of the playerbase as not mattering is elitist. You have to discount millions of people to say a GM is bad.

Just because they are greats, or the best of the best, that doesn’t make them bad. They are good. Which is why the devs balance based on them too.

U must be using the wrong word if u keep using the word ‘matter’ because something not mattering to someone means they don’t care about that, but what in me saying “T500 and above are good at the game” portrays the message “the bottom 99% don’t matter to me”

500,000 people are currently ranked.

This is the point. If I say “everyone below plat is bad” then I guess I’m discounting 50% of the player base, can’t say that I guess.

Except that isn’t what you’re saying, you are saying regular GMs aren’t good at the game. A viewpoint only possible by completely disregarding the other 99% of the playerbase.

No because that actually takes into account the player distribution curve. Which is why you came to that rank conclusion. 1% is an incredibly small portion of the playerbade.

Source?