Calling – Sojourn Animated Short Now Live In-Game

Greetings Heroes! The new Overwatch 2: Animated Short, “Calling,” featuring Sojourn, is now live exclusively on the Overwatch 2 game client. In the shadow of the coming Null Sector invasion, Sojourn confronts her past and shows the world who she truly is.

Log into the game today to watch the new “Calling” animated short, and then take part in a limited-time event to earn four cosmetic rewards and bonus Battle Pass XP when you complete in-game challenges.

• Gearing Up - Complete 3 games. Wins grant double progress. Reward: Vigilante Player Icon + 2,500 XP
  • Making the Plan - Complete 6 games. Wins grant double progress. Reward: Back in Action Spray for Sojourn + 2,500 XP
  • Forming the Team - Complete 9 games. Wins grant double progress. Reward: Guffaw Emote for Sojourn + 2,500 XP
  • Fighting Back - Complete 12 games. Wins grant double progress. Reward: Optics Highlight Intro for Sojourn + 2,500 XP

The Sojourn Calling event is now live through August 9, and be sure to answer the call when Overwatch 2: Invasion launches on August 10.

12 Likes

I’m really looking forward to watching this short.

I definitely think this is the better way to present these shorts to have them in-game.

This means that players can get involved in learning the story of the game without needing to go outside of the game itself.

Oh and with the game now coming out on Steam I would love to see Overwatch 2 on GeForce NOW!

:heart:

5 Likes

I really love that the cinematic is in game. I hope the others get added to there respective heros as well.

1 Like

people already uploaded it on youtube, not going to log in just to watch the most boring character and the worst cinematic, whats up blizzard, now even the lore will be bad?

3 Likes

i wouldnt really complain about it being in game if there was a video progress bar tbh

1 Like

Yep, was right. Sojourn has more personality and depth in the cinematic than she shows in game. :smile:

On a side note, kind of odd how only a few of the cinematics are in game. Would be nice if the rest made it into a gallery section.

Which one wonders why there isn’t a gallery section for the game with artwork. Pretty common in most games these days.

1 Like

Fr fr. And all the hero origin shorts.

1 Like

They’ve had this animated short sitting there for at least year. It is obvious it was made for Sojourn’s release which was to be coincided with the original PvE vision for Overwatch 2’s release.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t go that far. It seems mostly the same.

Maybe it’s cause Murphy was there.

Season 12 maybe? :joy:

1 Like

Props to the marketing genius that decided to put the cinematic exclusively in the game to force players to log in to watch it and bump their “active players” numbers up.

6 Likes

ikr the art team is usually on point but wtf is this lazy short. boring and bland hero, not my captain. woke 76( :slight_smile: ) for those who dont get it.

oh i thought there was new cosmetic stuff whoops

Take cues from Twisted Metal - introduce some darkness

I remember when Overwatch was on GeForce NOW…

#memberberries

1 Like

Seems mad that they removed it…

Imagine playing it at 240 FPS with reflex mode super low latency with GFN ultimate…

:astonished:

1 Like

Watched it and got not the wiser what Null sector was up too… And apparently it is a splinter cell too. So not even Ramattra is going to be the main bad guy!

Sojourn Cinematic? Really? Where?? Oh, the one that was added into the game? No, no, no. You got it all wrong. That’s not a Sojourn cinematic. All she does is walk around and make tea and croissants. It’s an agent Trombley cinematic, as the entire thing is told through his perspective.

Like, imagine how much better the Sojourn cinematic would have been if it was actually about Sojourn. Like, why was she down there in the first place? What prompted her to action to the extent where she was willing to break the law? We’ll probably never find out. Maybe she just chills out in sewers now? Oh no, there’s literally one robot man in the sewer, better go down there with a flash light and a hand gun.

Wow this is the worst matchmaking I’ve ever experienced, good luck

You can hate the game all you want but to say the cinematics are bad is just hating for the sake of hating.

The animation team for the shorts have always been providing outstanding quality and this is no different.

(And for the record. I can never get enough of cute animated dogs. My heart melted when I seen Murphy. )

This to be honest.

You can watch it on youtube now though if you’re willing to stand gamespot’s numerous discord pings during the video.