Buying overwatch 2

Do you need to buy OW2 if you already had ow?

If you want access to the pve, yes.

1 Like

Yes, lol - Bobby Nodick.

1 Like

Will OW1 get the updated looks/graphics? Still don’t understand this piece… (assuming you don’t get OW2 PvE at all or delay getting it).

We should get new graphics, heroes, maps and reworks for free.

PvE is paid.

Also they’re forcing 5V5 because F Tanks.

2 Likes

Basically… OW1 is getting deleted and is turning into OW2 PVP. If you want to play the PvE part of OW2, you need to buy the “upgrade” version to have access to the story campaign and Story Missions. Your entire inventory and progression will also transfer into OW2.

1 Like

So current stats? I also wonder about Gold and CP… I have 175,000 Gold and 2,000 CP right now. If they go battle pass cosmetics the game might not even use gold. And they already stated golden guns were a mistake - or at least tying them to competitive only.

Guess I’ll just plan to get another golden gun in OW1 as CP may just become obsolete.

At is statet… Everything should transfer. We don’t know what will happen to the currency & player levels. The only thing we know is that the Level Borders in game are getting removed in OW2 and players getting a compensation for it.

They hinted that our coins would be useless and to not hoard them, that has not stopped me from doing so, mostly because I do this in ever game ever.

Compensation for our borders? Where was that stated? And I guess that sort of means a loyalty reward for playing OW1 so long?

I hope the Achievements carry over too.

Overwatch is patched to 5v5 so it’s a forced but free update. So if you are only interested in PvP, you don’t need to pay/buy anything. However, if you are interested in PvE, you have to pay money for it. (how much remains to be seen)

very likely, since the whole thing runs on an improved graphics device and there must be compatibility and for fairness reasons if Overwatch and OW2 players are to play together. (Skins are another matter)

I hoard them because I get all new event cosmetics free by just playing the events anyway… and especially more so now that we only got 2 legendaries this event.

This was the answer from Jeff Kaplan back in April 2020 regarding the Level Border: “currently our plan is to change this system for ow2. we’ll find a way to recognize your accomplishments for those who care but the current plan is for those borders to go away and be replaced with a different system.” - Source: I don't want a gold border - #12 by JeffreyKaplan