But... Demon hunter sombra

It was retracted from the PTR because there was a huge backlash about the ticket and skin.

The skin was going for 1k on the PTR and people went crazy that it was only 1k and they bought the $60 ticket for this skin and it should only be available for the purchasers and yada yada.

It caused a controversy and I’m sure Blizzard is either trying to work a happy medium to fulfill their promise… or the skin is no longer going to be made available outside of the ticket.

They made it available at first (what I guess was a bug) and then they moved it to Legacy items and that Legacy status has transfered with the Workshop Update into the live server today.

Meaning currendly you can only see the Sombra skin if you activate the Filter “Legacy” or if you already have it.

Idk but all other Legacy skins are skins that are very very likely never return even tho I already have the skin I hope for all of you guys who don’t that it will be availble!
My hopes are just very low considering the currend situation and the silence from Blizz’s side

2 Likes

Yeah, still waiting for that one to come.

I didn’t wanted to buy the Ticked just for the Skin, because I wasn’t interested in the show - I only play Overwatch and HotS sometimes, HotS got dumped and it was pretty clear that nothing big will be announced for Overwatch - even wasn’t able to watch it in the first place. So, I was happy that it would come to the game later for everyone and I don’t have to participate in that money grab.

Now I’m starting to feel like it’s about to end as one of these promises that never get fulfilled.

I wouldn’t say it’s a huge backlash, considering it was common knowledge. I’m thinking it was accidently turned on, but it would help if Blizzard made a comment on it.

9 Likes

There were at least 30-40 threads I saw in a few days arguing about it. That was just a few days and when I would actually check the forums. This is also excluding all other social media.

And as somebody else said, it wasn’t marked as a Legacy skin before and now it is. It sounds like they’re trying to figure out what they want to do with the skin. And I doubt they would do that if it didn’t have enough controversy.

They need to release it again this year if for no other reason than to keep their word.

But I would have no problem if the only way to get it is to buy a BlizzCon ticket. That seems fair considering that’s how the rest of us got it :man_shrugging:t2:

But the best solution, IMO, to keep their integrity while also respecting both camps in the community would have been to release Demon Hunter with this year’s Anniversary and give 2018 ticket holders a blue BlizzCon skin for Sombra or any other hero like they did for 2016’s Bastion & 2017’s Winston.

1 Like

I waited for this event and saved the coins only because of this skin :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah +1. I really want this skin.

Add this to the list: Two voice lines, same words

A few people complained that the skin wasn’t exclusive to their $70 ticket purchase even though it was clearly stated. If Blizzard gives into those few selfish people, the backlash of that will be nothing compared to the majority of people who did not buy the ticket because they stated it would be made avaiable in 2019.

9 Likes

Saaaame I came home all hyped because content creators were all saying it’s on the ptr it’s coming for anniversary. The let down just made me close out and get on YouTube. Idc how but I think they should make it available someway some how by the end of the year. If it’s the last time for good they should advertise it that way as well. I would pay for the blizcon ticket for it at this point and have a smile on my face while doing it

1 Like

Dear WyomingMyst, thank you for your concern and the fact that you’re always trying to help on these forums trully means a lot. You’re definitely the MVP <3

2 Likes

I would have bought the ticket in this case. They can’t just change what they promised.

3 Likes

I don’t get why all the time they left us in the dark so far. At last Blizzcon people already were hoping for a clarifying statement and until now we still don’t know anything. I really wish one guy of Blizzard could just drop a few lines about it.

1 Like

I don’t even play this game anymore and I even reinstalled it on my PS4 to see if that skin was available.

But probably next year blizcon.

Any new for Sombra Blizzcon skin? I am so disappointed since yesterday…

Maybe they thought we wouldn’t notice.

Some poeple say the skin I now in the section Legacy. It was not the case before?

EDIT : maybe they plan to add the skin later?

That skin should be only for Blizzcon ticket 2018… i bought that virtual ticket just for that skin…

With all due respect, you should have read the terms and conditions that said it was going to be released in 2019. It was widely talked about on social media as well as on these forums.

1 Like