[BUG] Workshop Usability Issues

FIrst of all, I’d like to say I’m really grateful for the workshop. It’s a great feature and it’s provided me hours of enjoyment.

Second, I have to say that it’s sometimes a pain in the hassle to use. It has a number of usability issues that need to be addressed.

==============

1. Jumping to rule after editing a condition / action.

Steps to Reproduce:
A. Have enough rules so you can only see less than half of them at any one time.
B. Edit the name of the rule on the bottom.
C. Scroll up to the top rule, and add a condition or action to it.
D. Click OK.
Result: The screen scrolls you down to the bottom rule whose text you most recently changed, instead of keeping you at the rule where you just edited conditions / actions.
Desired Behaviour: The screen does not auto-scroll, or auto-scrolls to the rule where you just added / edited / removed a condition or action.

==============

2. Condition / Action Keyboard editing

This one is less of a bug and more of a usability issue. When you edit a condition / action, and you click in the dropdown and search for something, it doesn’t let you select with the keyboard. After I type my search query, I’d like to use UP arrow and DOWN arrow to select an item from the dropdown. You know, like how autocomplete works in most IDEs.

==============

3. Condition / Action Auto-Selection

Steps:
A. Have a rule with multiple conditions / actions.
B. Select 1 condition or action.
C. Copy and Paste that condition or action.
Result: The original condition or action is still selected, and the copy is not.
Desired Behaviour: Deselect all conditions and actions and select just the newly pasted condition(s) / action(s).

==============
Third, I have to say the new autosave slot is really nice.

Please also some qol for console players

1 Like