{BUG} Reporting a toxic player? That's a drop in your endorsement level mister!

Reported a player for being toxic in chat, throwing, all the things that Blizz asks us to report to help make the game “fun to play”. Upon clicking the Report button, INSTANTLY got both the “report received” and “endorsement dropped” messages. Seems like reporting someone will tank your endorsement level right now…

I have a screenshot, but apparently we are not allowed to add them ?

I have a similar issue, but with me I find that every time I play my endorsement level goes up or down randomly in a matter of hours. I haven’t reported anyone in a while, nor have ever had any bans or suspensions on my account however, my endorsement rankings fluctuate within a matter of a few hours. It’s become an annoyance I don’t even want to up vote people anymore because it doesn’t seem to make any sense. Myself and another fellow player have the same issue where it just randomly would decrease.

Hey! :slightly_smiling_face:
Read this to get a little bit more clarification on how endorsements work and why you occasionally drop a level:

My issue is that my endorsement increases and decreases every single time I log into Overwatch to play. Tonight for example, I went down a level and went up again when I have not had time to do anything either receive endorsements or not receive them. This is an ongoing issue every single time I launch overwatch and play. It’s not simply over time, it’s a matter of hours.

The notifications can only be shown to you while you’re in the game. That is why you get them as soon as you open OW sometimes. It means you probably didn’t get them before you closed OW the last time. You might also have gotten endorsed during the time you were offline.

The notifications for level promotion/demotion can be delayed for those reasons as well as the endorsements are needed to determine whether you should get promoted or not.

I don’t know. I think the endorsement system is broken. In less than two weeks I have played my rear off and taken my endorsement up to 4. Overnight it dropped back to 3 and I got it back up to 4. I logged in, got rewarded for hitting 4 and then before doing anything outside of spending 30 minutes playing with skins, I got notified it dropped to 3. The system is either broken or makes zero sense.