Bug Persisted for at least 2 years now. Please Help!

Please like, view or whatever this post because I have tried several times to report this issue and have never heard a response, not from blizzard or another person.

Ever since Sym got her rework which made her teleporter an ability rather than an ultimate, I have had a bug which constantly rebinds or unbinds my interact / acknowledge key.

As it stands, my acknowledge key is ‘Mouse 3’ (Middle Mouse) and my Interact key is ‘F’. The issue is that randomly, with seemingly no cause, it will switch the binds up or unbind them.

Interacting with a teleporter will be either F or Middle Click, when it should only be F. Pressing acknowledge will either be F, Middle Click or unbound at random, when it should only be F. Strangely the issue doesn’t apply with deleting a turret or translocator, as they always persist as middle mouse.

This bug is annoying and sometimes delays me using a teleporter, or being able to acknowledge what a player has said to me. The bug has not been patched since sym 2.0 and hasn’t even been acknowledged. I have reset binds before and changed them and still no fix.

Please view and like this post so it can be seen, this is like my 4th attempt at getting it noticed and still nothing.

I wonder, is your mouse programmable? Like you can program middle click to be space or whatever. Maybe there lies your problem? Some mice, like let’s say my Razer Trinity, you have a button that’s by default a profile switch. When you hit it, or the software resets, it switches profiles.

One thing i remember: You can set keybinds to specific heroes if i’m not wrong, maybe your binding is in the “all heroes” instead of “symetra” or visa vi.

Other things you can try:

• If you can, disable middle button completely
  • try the repair function in the blizzard launcher
  • try uninstalling your keyboard and mouse in the device manager of your pc
  • try a different key

I suspect that your mouse might have bindings switched trough profiles or you have a tilt-click (when you can click your wheel left or right for extra functions) with odd bindings.

1 Like

Turns out that my default binds were reversed and Symmetra’s binds were the ones I wanted. Also strangely D.VA had her binds the same as Sym’s too. Thank you for helping me with my issue, hopefully the buttons don’t randomly switch anymore.

1 Like

I had this same issue too for a long time. I always use F for melee, and rebinded the interact key to B for “all heroes” but some heroes it just wouldn’t work. Any time I ran into a hero that wouldn’t teleport by hitting B I had to go in and rebind the key for that specific hero… on 3 different accounts. It took awhile but I got them all “fixed” now, but I literally don’t use B for any other function on any other hero but ‘interact’ so I should think that simply binding it to all heroes shouldn’t have issues in the first place.