BUG in ranked account

Hello,

How can I fix why every time I hit silver 1 I get ranked back to bronze 5? 6 times at least. It’s been going on these first two seasons

Thanks and regards.

2 Likes

You can fix it by getting better at the game. Win more. Pretty simple.

With an average of 65% accuracy?

Thanks and regards.

You’re accuracy has absolutely nothing to do with anything?

You’re welcome.

So it is the game that considers its players the least ua that myself and other players in other games are platinum and higher ranks.

Have you come to help or to annoy? because helping you don’t help

2 Likes

This has been a bug in thr game since release and Blizzard has yet to address it unfortunately.

1 Like

Weapon accuracy is irrelevant, your winrate decides whether you fall or climb.

1 Like

That’s not true at all, the new system takes in account your personal stats when changing ranks. That’s beside the point though as the Bug he is describing here is about rolling back ranks before placing you in a new one.

2 Likes

They said the exact opposite in the latest blog post about season 3.

See here: Overwatch 2 Developer Blog: Explaining matchmaker goals and plans, part 2 - News - Overwatch

Search in the document for " Q: So you don’t take the number of eliminations, damage dealt, healing provided, or any other scoreboard stats to adjust my MMR after each match?"

2 Likes

Fixed that for you.
Performance during the matches had a minor impact in OW1 but far less than winning or losing, it doesn’t do anything now.

1 Like

I disagree, this phenomenon regarding players having their initial rank be demoted right before their rerank screen appears seems to be a very common bug which started in Season 2. Unfortunately, due to there being so many cases of this bug occurring, I haven’t compiled those posts but you can probably find similar situations in my thread under Unpredictable Rank Shifts (Season 2): Comprehensive Thread Of All Top 500/Competitive Bugs. This bug in question I put as: Inaccurate Initial Rank Results In Inaccurate Final Rank During Rerank.

Its just the opposite, lmao. OW2 has much more built in stat ranking. Are you living in a bubble?

I’m not sure what you mean when you say stat ranking, but if you are referring to performance based MMR adjustment, Blizzard has stated in this blog post Overwatch 2 Developer Blog: Explaining matchmaker goals and plans, part 2 - News - Overwatch that:

Q: So you don’t take the number of eliminations, damage dealt, healing provided, or any other scoreboard stats to adjust my MMR after each match?
A: In Overwatch 2, your MMR adjustment after every match is not impacted by your performance in each match (regardless of your skill tier). This is for a few reasons. We don’t want players to be focused on doing things other than trying to focus on the objectives and win the match. Dealing the most damage or getting kills won’t help your team if your actions don’t help them push the payload or capture a control point. Also, for some heroes, especially those in the support role, it can be challenging to determine if the numbers they produce reflect their skill.

That directly contradicts what Aaron Keller the game director has said is the case. I am more included to believe the director than some grunt doing Q/A.

I don’t recall Aaron Keller saying such a thing but maybe I’m misremembering. Could you provide a link for that?

Trying to be condescending won’t make you correct or change the fact that the latest Q/A disproves your statement. Stick to the facts or stay off the forums.
That Q/A is from late January and highly likely to be the most accurate/up-to-date source. You’ll get wider rank swings in OW2 because they did an MMR reset, not because of your performance.

1 Like

I did stick to the facts, its not my fault if you want to stick your head in the sand and not learn from them. OW2 Director has stated my side if you don’t like that then to bad and stay off the forums.

And he did this, before or after the Q/A went up? If before, then it’s still irrelevant, as the matchmaker has had recent changes.

1 Like

Hello,

The level drop problem persists. In my situation, I go back to bronze 5 all the time.

Thanks and regards.

1 Like