Bug in competitive progress?

im gold 1 and ive been playing to finally go back to plat. the first win i’ve gotten today i saw that my progress said it went up 102% but the bar only moved a tiny little bit, not even close to what a victory does. im pretty upset about this, its so unfair.

i dont even care about not getting 120% bc thatd probably get me to almost plat 4 but i just want to be rewarded for a win as i should.

(a screenshot: https:// imgur com/a/94VP95K))

So, with the screenshot provided, whenever you rank up, and you’re in that in between limbo of two ranks; (AKA in your case Gold 2 and Gold 1); I bet the 102% was awarded, seeing as your rank progress shows 91%, but since you were in a rank gap, meaning what I mentioned above, it only looks like you gained a little.

You can see the graphical change between on the left where it says gold 2, to the end of the progress bar which says plat. Systematically this doesn’t make sense, as the end should show gold 1. (since you can only go up one rank, normally), But since you were in the process of ranking up and within the weird limbo gap of ranks, it demonstrates both. The rank you just left, and the NEXT rank you can earn. AKA, Plat 5.

If that sounded confusing, TLDR;
You were Gold 2, 102% brought you out of gold 2, into gold 1. With 91% until Plat 5.

Adding, (me reading your message further), there’s a weird sr change between changing ranks. So if it’s what you mentioned, AKA, you were already in Gold 1, dropping out and in will have this effect.

nono, i was gold 1, i havent deranked from gold 1 to gold 2, ive been going up and down between gold 1 and plat so idk, the 102% is so weird bc it didnt put me anywhere it just said that and it moved the bar that little tiny bit

that was my first game of the day as well, so thats where my bar was (where the white part ends ig)

thing is thats what ive been doing this whole season practically, going up then deranking, but its always at the border between ranks, not there where if i won i probably wouldnt have ranked up, and still ive never seen it go up by so little from winning and then it saying 102%