[Bug] EMP hack status cannot be removed with clear status or set status

I’ve tried looping a rule to make people who receive the hacked status get it cleared, but it has not been successful.

Example:
Condition:

Has status ( event player, hacked ) == true

Actions:

Wait 0.16, abort if false
Clear status( event player, hacked )
Set status( event player, hacked, 0.06 )
loop if condition is true

Whether the extra “Set status” is there or not, this does not remove the hacked status.

Edit: To clarify, the conditions are met, and all of the actions run and continue to loop, but the hack status is not removed.

Edit 2: To clarify further, “set status” can override player-caused status effects ( eg. Ana’s sleep ), so it should theoretically clear the EMP’s hack. In this instance, it does not. Clear status and set status will not override it. That is the bug / functionality I wish to have changed and resolved.

1 Like

I’m confused by your Action list.

Just one or two add in this list like

• Wait 0.25*, (ignore condition)
  • Clear status( event player, hacked )

*you cant below 0.25 due this engine

it’s not a bug, you cannot remove any status unless it was applied with the set status action.

I wish we were able to tho… it would allow us to shorten statuses applied by player abilities

0.016 is the shortest wait time possible

I tested 0.016 and 0.25, there is no slighty difference because it doesnt let below 0.25.

Here

You can override status effects with set status.

For example, set a rule for player dealt damage with Ana, and a condition for is using ability 1 == true then do:
set status( victim, sleep, 1000 )

However, you cannot override the EMP’s hack, so the loop goes on until the EMP timer is done ( 10 seconds ). That is the bug.

Edit:
Yes, you can go below 0.25. There is a significant difference.

To test it, make 2 rules, both of them are Ongoing - Global with the condition Time Elapsed < number( 5 )

Rule 1:

wait 0.016, abort when false
modify global var ( A, add, 1 )

Rule 2:

wait 0.25, abort when false
modify global var ( B, add, 1 )

Var A will be 285
Var B will be 19

on PTR or regular release? I dont know if they changed it at some point, but i’ve definitely noticed accurate readings on variable changes with wait times as low as 0.016 (~60 times per second)

yeah, i’ve been able to override statuses as well with “set status”, but not remove a status applied by a player ability early with “clear status”, even when using “set status” prior to it in an attempt to overwrite it.
Well, I was using the freeze status in my tests. Conditions activating and all, with no result. Maybe the sleep status is an exception that works because there’s so much that allows the player to wake up early?

You are using outdated information. Minimum wait time is now 0.016

Regular.

It can be.
I will test it tomorrow, now Regular should got updated.