Buffing and nerfing for 10% of players?

What was that phrase again? Oh yea,”You can’t please everyone”.

1 Like

They really sort of balance across all. Blizz isn’t completely dumb about this, its obvious there is a progression of low aim, low skill characters like Moira at Bronze then it balances in the middle with mid to high aim vs. low aim, then at the top aim more or less dominates. It’s by design.

I disagree. Blizzard seems to never learn from their mistakes for the last decade and a half. Overwatch is just reinforcement of the terrible job they have done. Like everything else Blizzard has ever created this will end with the highest majority of the players, damage dealers, ruining another game for everyone else.

Salty… I like that… like a big old peanut…

2 Likes

Before “gaming culture” being salty was a compliment, and I will take it as such. The way gamers have ____ on the English language is abhorant.

If they’re balancing around the top 10%, they’re clearly not even doing that well, given what a joke most GM matches are.

There is no meda in bronze no meda in silver no meda in gold no meda in plat no meda in diamond and there’s meda in master and gm so yes it’s ok that they balance the heroes for the top player.

None of this is an explanation as to why they should do so. Only an unfounded opinion about the ladder games.

The knowledge I have gained is that most ladder games are 2/2/2, which as you can see is the definition of balance.

Why should balance go towards the 90%? Have you actually read some of the nerf/buff suggestions that come from that 90%? That 90% is more worried about meme’s, storytime (lore), cosmetics, PVE game modes… the list goes on rather than the game. Taking the 90% into consideration is how we got so much power creep in the game and when comps get to hard to play against they want a hard counter with immediate results. Then when that hard counter is nerfed down the road they panic and yell at the devs.

Point in case Brig. Nerfs came out and people started screaming she is f-tier, she is dead, no one will play her. And here we are with the newest set of nerfs to her and the 10% that you guys are so against having say in balance have said she is playable and will continue to be played the way she has been being played. So 90% losses their $#!& because of nerfs and the 10% are going to show you how to play the hero that the 90% wrote off.

Every bit of what you just wrote is your opinion, and the opinion of people who are overpaid to play a video game.

Though I don’t contest your opinion, I believe it to be far from reality. Most of the 90 percent of people who play the game don’t post on the forums, so having a grasp of what they all believe is slightly egotistical to say the least.

1 Like

If people cared to play the game and I am indeed wrong in my opinion as you say. Then why do we have one tricks and the qp attitude of “its just qp.”? Those aren’t opinion we see post about them all the time. Are those the ones you want to ask about balance? People that either ignore game mechanics or the ones that can’t be bothered to try to play the game, but would rather meme, goof off or whatever excuses they want to claim “it’s just qp.” covers.

You’re assuming all of that 90% disagree with the 10%

1 Like

you can’t have it both ways why should lower ranked get a favorable treatment you get the same tools to work with right? Don’t get me wrong i am not trying to insult anyone but everyone can learn everything some have a more natural ability to do so and some have to grind very long and very hard. And some are somewhere in between that. The reaper buff for example is better the lower you go since aim becomes weaker and so does teamwork i dare say that buff is more for the rest than the 10 percent. I started in s2 seriously in silver and people are not communicating, are rushing in alone, chasing after a kill these things have nothing to do with balance.

You reinforced what I was trying to say. We did not want this reaper change at a low skill level. Reaper is already good and some could say Op. So in turn the Devs buff reaper to counter a comp where reaper in never played to say. If they took the game and made the game fun for all ranks or tried to make it fun, the game would not have such a bad rap around most of the players. Like you said it can not be both ways, but like I said ( witch most people missed) these are my thoughts and I think they could work to save this game. Also if I see one more BS comment I am deleting this form because I do not want to see toxic talk in my form. Everyone els is fine