Buff Sombra's EMP

Only thing I would ask for is a slightly bigger radius. Nothing is more aggravating than EMPing a point and having someone immediately ult anyway because you barely missed them.

5 Likes

only buffs needed for emp are a shorter cast time and a higher radius

EMP is fine, don’t touch it.

3 Likes

IMO EMP is a very strong Ult with a fast charge rate so buffing that no.
Sombra has problems mainly consistency, downtime and she is hard to play with.
So the only QoL changes I would make on her that would actually affect her EMP would be better visuals on hacked targets. That helps her with a normal hack (teammates attack them more) and on an EMP you can more clearly tell who got hacked and who could hide behind that sign xD

I play quite a lot of Sombra, and I do think EMP needs something more, but NO infinite ammo. She does not need anything for her damage. She needs consistency. I would like the Shields when EMPing though. I think 10-15 per hero effected would give Sombra a safe way to EMP and STAY in the fight, rather than leave the fight after the EMP and then come back in

Personally I don’t think EMP needs any changes, if anything it actually needs some power to be shifted out of it and into the rest of her kit.
Remember that one of the biggest issues with Sombra is that too much of her strength is frontloaded into EMP, not an issue that we should make worse.

2 Likes

*Emp reloads ammo

It’d allow Sombra to empty a clip before initiating EMP for twice as much damage.

In my opinion, EMP’s utility is fine as is but its Sombra’s own ability to follow up on hack/EMP that’s holding her back.

They could buff her movement speed back to what it was. What would be the downside?

They would increase her EMP cost by 200% to make up for that radius buff. Please be careful what you wish for.

They should give her half health, half shield hp, a damage buff and the same movement speed as tracer.

I like the shield idea, but I don’t want to step into Doomfist territory when it comes to being granted with shields when using your ultimate.

As far as the unlimited ammunition, I think that would be way OP, as that is 6 seconds of unlimited ammunition. Which this can be exploit pretty easily, as I will EMP one target just to have 6 seconds of unlimited ammunition.

Check these suggestion out and tell me what you think about it…

I would edit and modified some things, but the devs locked it so I can’t edit this particular thread.

This is a lot of buffing. The same effect can be made by simply resetting translocator when she ults. This way she can reposition in the fight or even take the high ground and shoot from there.

This… I was surprise that Sombra didn’t make the cut when they gave the After using x ultimate, it will reload your ammo buff. I would have thought that Sombra would be included for this…

She wasn’t included in the buff to damage drop-off and she wasn’t included in the ultimate replenish your ammunition buff.

1 Like

As much as I like Sombra, i dont think she needs these changes…

And jeez I had no idea I was linked to an old thread. Sorry for the necro guys

3 Likes

We’ll forgive you this time.

:triumph:

How’d you even find this thread lol

1 Like

A friend of mine on discord posted this thread in a small Ow group I’m in, but

Turns out I’m the only one who fell for it :sob:

EMP could reset her translocator cooldown, so she can translocate in and back to her team.

Well then, from the looks of this.
It’s not sombra’s fault, it’s the team’s fault.
If the team is not taking advantage of EMP, then maybe it’s not a good idea to play sombra.
But EMP is just fine, especially when a team is more coordinated