Buff Moira because she needs it!

Ashe has 5 second dynamite
road is better now
mercy is better now
reaper is better now

do not forget Moira !
she needs a fade buff

• reduce fade cooldown by 1 second - that means a lot for all Moira players!

Thank You !

i would prefer reverting her bug fix… but i know that blizzard never would do that.

11 Likes

Mercy is not better, its literally a placebo effect. I do agree though, moira should get a buff.

8 Likes

It would be creating inconsistencies, so I disagree.

We need her to heal through barriers again.
Fade is fine imo .

10 Likes

Leave her where she is.

1 Like

Healing through barriers allowed her to be the brawler she’s supposed to be. It’s no surprise that the moment she lost it Ana became the most common choice for GOATS

2 Likes

5 sec fade is honestly too much because fade is already a get out of jail free card, I think ghe healing through shields should come back again.

13 Likes

Yes heals through shields would make sense

3 Likes

Only if we also allow Ana to heal through shields. Moira’s healing spray is like a gun that hits her teammates, but does healing instead of damage (Like ana)
Mercy and Zenyatta etc. are different because their healing abilities target the player directly.

Buff her Regenaration pls, hardly able to get some

1 Like

Moira is completely fine and doesn’t need buffing. She is a powerful main healer with the best survivability.

It’s literally a buff. It’s better.

1 Like

Why does she need one though?

But… GOATS started a while after that…

1 Like

No, no it didn’t. GOATS first appeared in late May, when the team it’s named after used it to beat the best NA Contenders team, Fusion University, whilst still in the Open Division. The first time it was used in Tier 1 play was for OWL Stage 4, when Dallas Fuel abused how quickly Mickie had picked up Brig to fly above their stations and make the Stage playoffs just 1 stage after going 1-9.

The support changes, which included the removal of Moira healing through barriers and the Nanoboost buff, happened late in the Summer. The first time that patch was used in Tier 1 play was for the Los Angeles OWWC group. All tier 1 GOATS prior to this point used Moira as the 3rd healer, alongside Brig and Lucio. It was not until the Los Angeles OWWC group that Ana replaced her, though Ana GOATS had been used in Contenders playoffs over the preceding couple of weeks (the patch came a couple of days before the Incheon group, which was as a result played on the previous patch).

1 Like

It’s also worth noting that whilst Moira having healing through barriers made it the superior choice at the time, it was never the certain meta. In Stage 4, multiple comps were all viable at the same time, including GOATS. In the Season playoffs there was that short lived Double Sniper, Single Support comp, which seemed custom made to counter Jjonak by keeping him off both Zen and Ana. And then in the OWWC Incheon group it was Dive’s last hurrah, with GOATS mainly being used by the weaker sides. This is because whilst Moira GOATS providing better healing, it was also weaker against Pharah, so was easier to counter. When Ana took her spot, Pharah fell away for a bit, making it the meta comp.

Ok I will admit I didnt realize it was that old, thought it was a bit younger, so you’re right the nerf did come after goats was formed… a month after in the June 5th ptr patch and went live in the the June 26th patch a little over a month before the support patch

However something I find interesting is that if you look in that live patch notes, it has no mention of this bug fix at all, in any patch since her release, and its only mentioned in the ptr patch notes… which is… weird to say the least… But still Ana did not take Moira’s place until after the support changes that gave her the 300 burst heal.

Ok it seems I forgot that it was in a dropdown box the bug fix was mentioned in the june 26th patch

My apologies, you are correct, I didn’t realise the change was as early as it was, I thought it was in the same patch as the support changes. The timeline honestly makes more sense now though with this revelation, so let’s plug it in:

• OWL Stage 4 (16th May - 17th June) = Patch 1.22, Rise of Classic GOATS

• 26th June = Patch 1.25, Moira nerf, listed as bug fix
    Overwatch 2 - Patch Notes

• OWL Playoffs (11th July - 28th July) = Patch 1.25, GOATS nowhere to be seen in any form

• OWWC Incheon group (17th August - 19th August) = Patch 1.26, may have to rewatch to double check but I don’t remember much GOATS

• August 9th = Patch 1.27, the Support changes
    Overwatch 2 - Patch Notes

• OWWC Los Angeles group (7th September - 9th September) = Patch 1.27, GOATS becomes meta, as the Ana variant

This helps to explain why the single support meta appeared out of nowhere. No version of GOATS was viable at Tier 1 in that period of time, and Brig being there prevented Dive, so Double Sniper held control. Still doesn’t explain the single support though. I’ll double check the Incheon group to try and remember exactly what the meta was.

1 Like

It’s patch 1.25.0.1, in the bug fixes section.

• Fixed a bug that allowed Moira’s Biotic Grasp to heal targets behind an enemy barrier
1 Like