šŸ›° (BTC) Players are Leaving Plus New Nerfs in Patch

Wait. Valorant has lore?

2 Likes

I would not care too much of lore these days.

Reason: this is currently the first game franchise that made me care for it.

And I am not even considering to buy this.

2 Likes

Watching the trailer iā€™ve thought that i am watching a cinematic from For Honor until i saw the hidden blade. Its just not ā€œACā€ for me since Origins.

1 Like

Still waiting for Federal Japan AC. (This upcoming one is a hard pass.)

1 Like

Itā€™s called a joke? You know, haha. Thought it was obvious too. Valorant isnā€™t exactly rich in loreā€¦

Though if Chu really was doing it, thatā€™d make sense too.

Meanwhile topics that caught my eye today:

3 Likes

An OWL team is dying

OW: Here, have Echos entire audio FX history!

1 Like

What did you expect, the OWL commissioner to post?

No, but at least a dev acknowledging the current situation because of the events of yesterday and today.

Off: The forums need an ā€œOWL discussionā€ section imo.

3 Likes

There is competitive for one thing, and two, what do you expect a dev to do? If anything its a OWL Commission question. You want them to come and say ā€œwe suck, sorry Sinatraa leftā€? That isnā€™t about to happen.

Really ā€œTone Deafā€ as usual.

1 Like

Oh they know, but that is just not how the execs handle things. Look, this forum doesnā€™t really mean dick to the world at large for Overwatch. Its where a tiny subset come to hang out, complain and post questions like which characterā€™s underpants would you steal? You canā€™t expect them to post here seriously, anything serious now goes to Reddit.

1 Like

The thing he said about how people feel about comp and why they arenā€™t playing it should really be sounding alarm bells for blizzard. Yet they keep pretending everythingā€™s fine when its CLEARLY not. Comp feels like garbage to play because you canā€™t play it as intended with some nob ruining the game on average out 1 every 3 games. Thatā€™s horrendous. People are too afraid to play comp and QP is getting dull so the next option is to just leave the game, which is what weā€™re seeing happen.

1 Like

I would not be surprised to find out that Valorant teams are found to be specifically targeting OWL pros to fill out their rosters. With his list of accomplishments, weā€™re probably going to find that his valorant team is paying him way more than the shock were.

If Riot want valorant to un-seat or even compete with CS:GO theyā€™re going to have to be aggressive.

Looks like theyā€™re getting aggressive.

If youā€™re into e-sports, but not married to any one game, this is going to be a good few years coming up.

1 Like

Questioned why Comp exist since the beginning

It was doomed not to last.

1 Like

Yeah. I just watched the video, myself. And heā€™s saying things, that Iā€™ve been saying for a while now.

Especially, the back half of the video when he talks about lack of content and slow balance changes and issues with the ban system, and things like that.

I mean, this is stuff that Iā€™ve been banging on about, on here, for weeks, if not months, now.

Right. You donā€™t really see something like a star quarterback quit the NFL after one Super Bowl win, you know?

Funny enough, from what I understand, all the things you talked about was how OverWatch was, in the beginning.

But, then they shoot horn the esports see into the game, and it all just went down the toilet.

At least, from what I understand, based on what Iā€™ve been told.

I just saw your comment and just watch the trailer.

Personally, I like Vikings and Norse mythology and stuff like that.

So, the new AC looks really good to me. At least, based on the trailer.

What do you dislike about it?

Lol. Never thought I would see ā€œRedditā€ and ā€œseriousā€, in the same sentence, unless it was something like:

ā€œDonā€™t take what people on Reddit say too serious(ly).ā€

1 Like

My open queue times are longer than normal competitive and I had to wait 5 minutes twice to get a tank gameā€¦ soā€¦ yeah, people are definitely leaving.

2 Likes

Do you track Reddit for OW Posts? They post there and never here on many points more and more. I find it absurd as well, but many companies are just forgoing any maintained board in favor of just a Reddit board these days.

From what Iā€™ve seen/heard, they did sort of have it both ways and it DID work a bit to begin with - but I think thatā€™s largely because Overwatch as a game is so physically impressive it took about a year for the glamour to wear off so to speak.

After that it became more evident that there would need to be some big changes, and both parties - casual and pro scene gamers - wanted different kinds of changes. You really are going to have a hard, if even impossible time, appeasing both a casual gamer and a hardcore one. Hardcore gamers are usually only rewarded by mechanics and skill caps that are really challenging to them, so simpler gamers that canā€™t achieve those skills need to have other ā€˜levelsā€™ where they can also achieve things. WoW did this really well because even if you werenā€™t very good at the game there was so much else to enjoy that it didnā€™t matter if you werenā€™t in a high level guild going on the biggest raids, there were loads of quests to complete at your general skill level. Pro players could be really fussy with speccing out and enchanting their armor and weapons, but you didnā€™t HAVE to do any of that - see what I mean?

With OW, thereā€™s sort of justā€¦ Are you good at this character? Is this character viable in the meta? Is this character banned? thing going on and none of it really jives with casual OR pro players. It just feelsā€¦ Random?

And like - who brags about being ā€˜goodā€™ at a game that ultimately is only won by randomness? Thatā€™d sort of be like bragging earnestly about your ā€˜skillā€™ after winning a cake walk. There was no skill involved, you just happened to be on the right number when the music ended, bud.

1 Like