Bronze to GM(Educational)

Yes slightly. for example characters like widow I’ve never really touched before. and I know am off position and very reckless but that’s only because am playing with low elo and for your question yes I am a GM. but for me to have gotten GM I had used zarya as my main. Although that I am capable of playing any hero that requires tracking at a masters level. characters that require flick shots mostly I suck at am more if a tracker then flicker. But once you see part 3 which is from gold to plat you’ll see that I will rarelly get killed because I’ll be playing a lot smarter. But then again thus is educational so when I do mistakes I will point it out etc. So again I am a GM but just a low GM zarya main. And also you guys have to understand from diamond and above it’s about team work and communication since everyone there is skilled etc.

If you would like to ask me more questions feel free. I may not reply immediately since I have college now. but will eventually. Part 2 should be uploaded in the next few days.

1 Like

I play zarya a lot so it would be usefull to see for me how you will climb high plat+

oh sorry I didn’t see your question earlier any hero that requires tracking I can play to a masters level. obviously every character have there own skill requirements and different play styles I just mean any tracking character I can play to a high level because my tracking is really good keep in mind I use a 60hz monitor. 0.0

While I do appreciate the educational aspect as I wish to get better at Zarya, you have to understand that this is part of the complaints from the lower tier people. How you had the enemy team pushed into their spawn room and still killing them. Psychologically that ended the match right there. And when you have this happen even 25% of the time it has a HUGE mental impact on the player and how they view the system.

I believe this is the point many of us have been trying to get across. Even if 3 matches out of 10 have even a Gold playing in Bronze it is mentally exhausting and so comes the mentality I share, “there is nothing I can do”. It just feels as though everything you put into the game is trumped by a “smurf”. Think about it from our perspective never being out of Bronze.

Now let us think for just a moment how many people play OW and how many people have smurf accounts, alt accounts, or friends that are stuck so they “help” them climb. Now think about how that is tilting the losing teams performance? Truth be told there is nothing you are going to learn during one of these matches, no situational awareness, no map placements, no applicable skills since you are stuck in the spawn most of the match. Now multiple that my first statement and you have the end results.

If as a bronze player you are unlucky enough to run into these style of matches more frequently your personal performance suffers which drops your MMR, which skews your SR gains/losses, which psychologically defeats you. Take a break and come back only to experience it all over again. The cycle repeats. Now just for shltz and giggles lets toss a $15 per account sale in there and see what happens to bronze…

3 Likes

So what do you suggest I do play in my own rank and show videos of that. don’t you think that’s pointless because most of the player base are literally below diamond let alone GM. At least with bronze to gm i get to play everyone’s rank. But if you have any ideas let me know.

Either VOD reviews or play a hero that you can’t carry with. In bronze it can be tricky to find such a hero though. Perhaps Mercy and don’t use your blaster. But it is better just to not play in Bronze.

3 Likes

If you want to make educational videos, I’d recommend breaking down and reviewing your own VoDs (or those of other players) to point out where you made mistakes and what could be improved.

Honestly, just showing yourself going through the ranks when you’re already in a significantly higher tier than the populace on your main account… Well, it’s akin to watching someone kick puppies while trying to play it off like they’re being helpful.

That is to say that if you’re already GM and people couldn’t pick up on things by watching you explain that gameplay, they wouldn’t be able to pick up on how you’re going about crapping on lower-tier games. Going in-depth about the things that separate high-level players from the lower-tier ones would be infinitely more valuable for most people, as opposed to ruining a bunch of games for people while boosting an account through the ranks. I get that the intent seems to be pure, but as with all the other “Bronze to GM” climbs that have taken place (some of which landed the runners banned), the methodology is severely flawed, imo.

An alternative could be to try and do a Bronze to GM adventure strictly on your worst 3 heroes. That way, the journey you’re making actually chronicles you making progress with a hero, rather than just being on heroes you’re already capable of stomping people with. Even then, it’s still going to ruin a lot of games for people until you hit the rank you belong in on said heroes.

3 Likes

I love the “no support”

Sure a GM that can properly aim and that play zarya or dps will climb easily. it might help for positioning the the bronze will still learn to aim :slight_smile:
I really want to see a GM try to climb out of bronze with only supporting as a support ( no DPS support type of play ) and see if this easy as DPS. as a support main i find it hard some time to climb! like I say . I can’t heal stupidity :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Bronze to gm? If you are already a gm player, that isn’t much of a stretch.
That’s like watch this fish learn how to swim.

How about coach an actual bronze player to gm.
They won’t have your awareness or skills and it would be far more educational for both of you to learn what it actually takes for a bronze to climb.

5 Likes

Most of the playerbase is below Diamond…because MOST people do not have the luxury of paying for multiple copies of the game JUST for bypassing the systems programming on how it calculates skill.

Many of US only have 1, maybe 2 accounts that we INVEST our time into in an effort to get better at MORE THAN 1 OR 2 HEROS, so that we can be of use to ANY team that needs possible hero switches.

But when people like YOU spread the “One-Trick” and “git guud” mentality with your manipulative videos that do NOTHING but offer the obvious ILLUSION that “climbing is possible” out of Bronze, that does not make the situation any easier to deal with.

So yeah, I would greatly appreciate that you either didn’t make the video sound like its easy to climb when it is in fact NOT easy to climb when you aren’t ALREADY a Masters or GM level player.

Instead, be more INFORMATIVE for lower tier players and tell people what they need/can to do to get better at the game. Things like improving their game sense, improving aim tracking, improving their game sense, demonstrate or explain some simple strategies for specific heros or defensive tactics, maybe even go more in depth on specific hero tutorials. Ask people to comment what heros they would like to see explained in greater detail like what counters them, what they counter etc etc. Help to inform people. Information is the only thing that helps people gain a better understanding of the game and improve their skills. Letting people watch a video doesn’t always do that because some people need a little coaching, some people need small tips and hints along the way and others are intuitive enough to see certain nuances that others do not see.

Point being, not everyone learns the same way, so you cant expect people to just pick up on things by watching a video with no commentary or voice over. If you were to analyze each match, show people what you did and why you did it, or why an enemy hero screwed up or made a decision that lead to them dying, that would be more helpful to everyone who wants to get better.

Sorry bud, but I’ve never met a person who has a smurf higher at than their main. Of course it does happen, but that ain’t the only way to climb. Here’s a thought for you: If you are significantly better than your current sr, not high to low gold, like gold to plat, you will easily climb to that level. I easily climbed from silver to gold, although I did fall back down, during the season. If you can’t accept that, then I can’t help you. Teammates DO matter, but they won’t keep you from climbing unless they leave or throw, which is few and far between from my point of view.

1 Like

Am not sure what your trying to say. If i wanted to i could easily climb with just battle mercy from bronze to plat really fast. I assumed you guys wouldnt want to see me play a support as it would be a boring point of view but i can easily reconsider. Since you guys keep suggesting not to play dps or tank. How about this? I use DPS just to get to gold since ive already hit high silver and havent touched overwatch since. And from gold to plat i will use any support hero. Earlier someone mentioned if you have good aim why dont you play support. I thought i had made myself clear i am a tracking type of player playing someone like zen is based on projectiles and predictions however is the best carry support in my opinion because of his abbility to dps and discord as well as ult. Playing ana you could say is kind of tracking however but still most people flick. I could play mercy however she literally has little impact on the game she can only amplify what your team mates are doing. Brig is the most easiest to climb with it would be like me using dps. Lucio would be fun i wont lie but also would be easy since at that elo people haven’t really got good mechanics. The reason i pick dps and zarya is because i have the advantage of aim in particular""!!! TRACKING!!!"". Am not simply picking DPS because i one trick it as i have said before you wont catch me playing GENJI or a dps with a different aim style unless it requires tracking. Yes you saw me play widow at one point in the video but i promise you i never play widow ever legit am new to widow thats why i missed basic shots because i am not a flicker but a tracker.

If you read like, a word in the post, you would see that I said that if you play at a higher level than what rank you’re in, then you will climb easy. I should have been more specific. If you play at a higher level with a HERO, then you will climb easy. So, yes, if you’re in gold and your battle Mercy is at a plat level of tracking, adaptation, and knowledge, then yes, you will climb easy. What you responded to wasn’t a response to you as it was to DerpyPants.

1 Like

Oh sorry my bad. Its kind of frustrating when someone questions my reasoning and assumes something about me when it is not true. But apologies for that then. But at least i made myself clear what type of heroes i play.

Yeah don’t worry bro. Whenever you don’t see who it was a response to it is always the person above.

OH wow OK XD sorry but i have never really used these forums before guess you could say am like a bot when it comes to these stuff :frowning:

Yeah don’t worry bro.

The experience is vastly different on XBL and PSN than it is on PC. In fact therere are probably a lot more players on PC in Gold than there are on XBL who are in Gold. Kind of the reason why. And XBL is a whole other ball game.

Definitely need to petition Blizzard to have separate forums for XBL and PC.

You said you fell back down. Is that the rank you deserve then? Or did you just have a bunch of horrible matches filled with people who do not know what they are doing? Or do they know what to do, but they just do not care about anyone else but themselves? because THAT is the ridiculous mentality that needs to stop.

@Sully

Dude. I said EXACTLY the same thing to you in my original post.

If that account is in Gold, and you play a hero that you have on an alt account thats it Plat or above, YES, you will climb, because your gameplay REFLECTS that skill level!! By doing that you are cheating the system. This method only applies to people who have multiple accounts. It does NOT apply to people who have one account because the results will NOT be the same.

That is why the community is such a mess. only 5-10% of the players in the community are above Diamond. That should be closer to 15%% and maybe only 70% in lower tiers. Even if those percentages are currently incorrect the fact remains that Diamond and above is a LOT more exclusive than it should be because of people who maipulate the system in the way that you are doing.

When you have multiple accounts that data ACTS as sepsrate players!! SO lets say that 500 players each have at least 5 accounts. Thats 2500 SEPARATELY counted sets of player statistics. Lets say that at least 100 of those players have accounts in at least 3 other rank tiers for specific heros like Diamond, Plat and Master and at least 1 account in GM and 1 in top 500. How is that FAIR that you can just start a new account and play your Plat heros all the way to Diamond, then play your Master heros to Master, and so on and so forth until you reach GM, only to occupy another slot that someone else of similar skill level could be in? That is exactly what it seems like you are doing and that is truly a ridiculous manipulation of the system.

This is why alt accounts are bad, because people like you can just pull their rank up on 1 account very quickly just by sequentially playing the heros just above the current SR level of that account.

NOBODY CARES…how good you are at EACH opf those heros. Some of the REST OF US like to play the game the right way and should not have to suffer for it!!

This ranking strategy does NOT APPLY to everyone. This ranking up strategy does NOT prove “if you are good you will climb” because you are not IMPROVING yourself, you are not showing anyone how to improve, you are just using the system in a way that gives you more SR based on the heros you can already play at each tier. That’s not how the game is supposed to work.

Bronze to GM part 2 will be uploaded later today :slight_smile: However it will be much shorter then before. As i have edited it that way so i can upload the video faster and save space on HDD :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m barely diamond. Up to mid gold I can hard carry as mercy, because the ttk is so high I can keep my team up FOREVER.

Also noone can hit me because I ad and shift so I’m pretty immortal… So yes I can heal stupid, because my horrible team that never dies eventually kills the horrible enemy team that also has a horrible support.

And if everything else fails or my team takes too long I just pull out my blaster and kill everyone. Today I got a mercy potg in low plat. It was me resssing my McCree (poor guy had a really bad day was missing everything) then I ult and I killed pharah and Zen (I also killed Moira and orissa but my aim is kinda crap so I took too long and the potg ended).