Can we please get this fixed?! I have won 7 in a row multiple times and still no rank up…
Stuck in the same boat. Please fix (at least acknowledge it as a bug.)
So true. Honestly, it would bring more peace of mind to acknowledge it instead of leaving everyone in the dark
i’d be happy to just see bronze 4 tbh lol
Surprisingly my first ever rank placement was Bronze 3, but like, it’s stayed bronze 3 for several placement updates :,)
Read this: Finally out of Bronze 5 - those who are stuck READ HERE!
TLDR; We are in the lower end of Bronze 5 which have a SR range or 0-1100. Winning only 7 games is not enough to get out.
I really hope that’s the case.
This is from user PsxLiang:
I agree. Same finding here.
I think the game works like this:
- Player’s last available SR from OW1 is carried into OW2 but downgraded. (roughly -800 to -1000 SR)
- Player have a hidden SR in OW2 and it changes after each game.
- After 7 wins / 20 losses, your hidden SR changes since your Last Division placement will be summed up and decide your new Division.
- Your SR changes after each game is based on the difference between your team average hidden SR and the other side’s average hidden SR, and your personal hidden SR.
- Your SR change will also be judged by common metric points listed on Battle Reports — e.g. weapon accuracy, special skill kills, to compared your key performance points to Division Average.
- If you are downgraded, your hidden SR could still be above 1000+ and will only gain 1 or 2 points because your team and your enemy team is mostly lower than 600. You will lose 8 to 10 points for each loss because you are supposed to carry the game.
- no way out , because you play in Bronze with huge number of returned players who has no idea about OW2 but still have comp mode unlocked.
- GG and HF on grinding.
Honestly would wish they had a status bar or something to show if you go forward, back, or maintain the same points idk
i won much more than 7. i had rank refreshes multiple times and still not even bronze 4. my friends that have pretty much played with me from the start already have silver 1 and 2…
Update: Played some more ranked games and ranked up surprisingly.
It may actually be that it’s such a large scale of points that you need to grind to be able to rank up
I was able to rank up one rank after 7 wins to 3 losses (this is my fourth rank update)
Congrats! Hopefully I’ll see a rank up soon as well