Bring back symmetra 2.0

Symmetra 3.0 is one of the most confusing things I’ve seen blizzard ever add into one of their games. In her 2.0 state she was completely fine with capability to actually do 1v1s, giving a massive shield boost to the team, having the capability to do damage without relying on Ana for healing and so fourth.

As of current state, Symmetra is so bad at doing 1v1s. This is due to her not having her amazing E ability barrier. This barrier was crazy cool that you could even say it would be able replacemnt for riens barrier in some cases at different chokes. But now we have some weird teleporter that what? puts us on the high ground? what a complete joke. And half the time, the team is not co-ordinated and can’t co-operate with the symmetra even if she does wanna do a cool strategy, which i doubt because many symmetra mains like myself, are very shy in competitive play from maining symmetra in past seasons and getting shouted for picking a ‘throw’ hero, and this new teleporter is one of the most team-based abilities in the game right now.

This is one of the many reasons why blizzard should revert symmetra back to her 2.0 state.

18 Likes

Symmetra has the highest win rate of any hero on all platforms at all ranks below Master. And even at master on PSN and XBL.

3 Likes

she’s great right now. She had a lot of cool tools at her disposal but she took too long to setup. She’s almost perfect right now.

3 Likes

I miss Sym 2.0, she was another unique playstyle on the rooster, now she just sucks to play. I know she is considered more viable, but in gameplay terms she sucks. I never play her now, and I had 150ish hours on her before.

7 Likes

They really killed her theme for me with the rework i fell in love with the shield and barrier support high utility hero and then they turned her into frankensym dps thing.

6 Likes

I had 119 with 2.0. I now have a total of 369 hours with 3.0. It’s the same character. She has some of the same tools but they’re used very differently.

What is it specifically you have an issue with? The change in her ult? Primary and secondary fire, or abilities?

1 Like

Symm 3.0 is good and balance(able/d)
though i’d want new hero have some features of old symm. Like piercing orbs, travelling barrier and providing shields.

1 Like

High Win Rate can only be considered if you have an equally high pick rate. Otherwise the data becomes invalidated due to tiny sample size.

That is like me flipping a quarter 2 times and both times landing on heads. So I make the claim loudly that quarter lands on heads 100% of the time!

Pickrate is extremely important metric to determine if the other values can be considered accurate.

6 Likes

2.0 should come back but not in her pure form. she needed multiple tweaks and changes but instead of making her stronger she got replaced. shes a Disney child. 3.0 is VMAs miley cyrus

1 Like

The consistency across all platforms and every rank except GM would indicate the the low pickrate isn’t a factor.

Not really. Having players stick with her and like her means they play her well.
Correlation not causation
Symm needs a higher pick rate than what she has for her win rate to ever matter
Moreover, even if we wanted to use win rate, it’s dropped since 2.0
Wouldn’t that imply 2.0 was stronger since winrates matter?

3 Likes

Her pickrate remains equal or lower to her old version, so her winrate dropping should be alarming

3 Likes

Her winrate dropping overall is concerning because it means the people who once found value can’t anymore. For all the people claiming she’s better, she apparently isn’t with the people who DO play her. Whether they played 2.0 or not, apparently 3.0 Is weaker overall

4 Likes

The only things I miss from that are her ultimates and her E. The flying turrets and the gun changes are very welcome if you ask me. She can actually attempt to shoot you from medium ranges rather than pray you get up close to her.

Please stop asking for this nonsense.

2 Likes

You probably main genji and would do the same if they screwed him up.

1 Like

There is no reason to fix what isn’t broken. There is no reason to go back to one of the stupidest iterations of any hero in existence.

Lock-on DPS should never be a thing
Infinite shield generator should never be a thing

Symmetra 2.0 should never be a thing.

I literally rejoiced the day she was changed to not have these stupid abilities

1 Like

New Sym is a million times better so NO

Maybe stop trying to 1v1 people as a SUPPORT hero and stay with your team.

1 Like

I main Pharah, if anything based purely on playtime (closing in on 400 hours). I can destroy any version of sym.
I play Genji, tracer, McCree and Widow, along with most of the healers and tanks.
I also play Sym 3.0 which has a lot of correlation to Pharah play. I have over 52 hours on Sym (52 hours are across all versions of Sym). Which is more than my time on McCree, Tracer and Widow.
(the McCree numbers shocked me too :stuck_out_tongue: )

Yes you caught me I am a filthy genji main :stuck_out_tongue:

The numbers are from my primary account which is all I play on now, this account played one season of comp, hence the slight difference in numbers.

It’s not always about Genji’s. I have as many hours on Sym as you do.

Sym 3.0 is just way more useful to the team.

1 Like

hopefully that frustrating cancerous hero never comes back, she was tilting and made me many times want to quit the game, and no, i dont need to git gud, but those who played symm20 clearly did