Bring back Region Picking

Hi.

I’ve played on NA servers for about 3 ~4 years now. I faced so much racism and sexism on EU that I made the move all that time ago- loved every minute of it. I never had any ping issues either. Sure, americans had their share of sexism and racism, but far less in comparison to what I experienced on EU. Now that with cross play region selection has been removved for the sake of “queue times”, I am too afraid to even speak in team chat because I am back with the same discriminating people. This is not fun anymore.
Please bring back region select and let us play with the people and the mentality that we want to play with.

1 Like

Is that what they actually said? Just curious.

Sadly it is. I don’t know how to do exact quotes from different posts since I’m new to the forums, but this quote was taken from WyomingMist on Crossplay update soft region locked everyone - #18 by Kénōsen-1121 :
“Not just EU servers, but anyone of any region can be put into a server more distant than their closest one in order to accommodate matchmaking during low-peak times or at extreme ranks like low-Bronze or Grand Master. In Europe, the Bahrain datacenter (a.k.a. Middle East is relatively low-populated, so it often pulls players who normally connect to Versailles or Amsterdam in order to fulfill a match.”

2 Likes