Bring back Pink Mercy with Overwatch 2

Why would it stop?

Once it’s a proven tactic, that harassing the devs and the forums until you get something, it will only increase. Just not for this skin.

Man, you almost had a perfect haiku.

Horse is very dead
Stop trying to bring it back
Mercy can’t rez this

Or

It’s made on contract
Who wants to work with Blizzard
after rapes? No one.

Or

Already explained
They won’t be bringing it back
Stop stop stop stop stop

3 Likes

actually, no matter how many forum members vociferously declare that it cant ever happen, the skin can come back; and will come back when Blizzard\Microsoft decides it will come back

further, it violates the spirit and intent of these forums to ask someone to stop requesting something Overwatch-related, as these forums exist specifically for the discussion of Overwatch related topics, which absolutely includes this particular topic

I dont see any crying here whatsoever

I see consumers asking to purchase a desired product.

this is a perfectly normal behavior, same as going grocery shopping

thats actually not what has been stated

There is no need to insult people with a legitimate desire to make this purchase.

Particularly when they’ve done no wrong, nothing “childish” whatsoever

There are actually no topics here that are “needed”

Topics are created because people have something Overwatch-related that they wish to discuss

This topic fits that mold, and as such, it is perfectly ok for threads like these to be created

again, I see no crying here; so the use of the word “crying” seems to be gettign used her simply to unduly deride/attack what is actually legitimate discussion

another unnecessary personal attack

the above is in essence a restatement of the item in question, not an answer to said question

Ive not seen anyone in threads like this one where anyone expects to get it

again, this is a legitimate request by consumers with intent to purchase

there is no selfishness here

One begins to wonder why negative and inapplicable words like “crying” and “selfish” are being continually added to this thread

I’d not be against a new charity skin beign made

not at all

…but…

this isnt a case of “or”, as in “we can offer Pink Mercy OR this new skin”

they could offer both, either individually or packaged as a set, for an even greater cash haul for charity

…however…

with the teams fully engaged in getting OW2 ready for showtime, I doubt they have the resources available to make a second skin, whereas Pink Mercy is ready to go right now

because of the larger cash haul a two skin offering would pull for charity, as opposed to offering just one or the other

nearly every thread on this topic includes statements very much like these two, and I never understand why that is so because it is irrelevant in the context of this specific topic

it is irrelevant because there are people who donate without need for recompense, and there are other people who want recompense. Donations are maximized when a charity appeals to both groups of people. Pink Mercy was (and is) created to appeal to this second group. Not the first group.

The “just donate” sentiment is an appeal that works for (and is ergo relevant to) the first group…not the second group

I find this broad-brush accusation to be absolutely deplorable

wanting to purchase this product IS NOT a declaration that one does not care about breast cancer

period

7 Likes

It’s probably because it was limited + it’s a nice looking skin. If the skin was undesirable, nobody would be asking for it. Pink mercy skin might not even be the best looking skin for mercy, there might be better ones that you can get for free.

But people want to collect every skin possible, so it’s no surprise that there’s a high demand for it. Not to mention mercy is one of the most popular hero. My first hero I mained was mercy even.

2 Likes

mercy mains when a limited time skin is only available for a limited time

2 Likes

this thread is not spam in any respect

that said, telling folks to stop talking about a legitimate Overwatch topic on a forum specifically intended for discussion of Overwatch topics is not in the spirit of these forums, especially when one has no special authority

3 Likes

the above assumes that everyone in this conversation is a Mercy main

this simply isnt the case

Wow, personal attacks again.
You still never responded on that last board with quotes of what was personal attacks and how they were.
I’m still waiting.

It’s funny that you’re choosing to ignore the attacks against me…

I’m not a Mercy main so I don’t care as much about not having the skin, but all the salty soy boys who don’t want Pink Mercy skin released are bottom of the barrel gatekeepers.

And this is coming from someone who actually donated to charities for nothing in return.

First off, reasoning for it being “IT WAS FOR CHARITY, CHARITY”, whereas I can guarantee that 99% of the people who got the Pink Mercy skin didn’t give a damn all about charity itself, it’s been 4 years since the release of the Pink skin, how many charities have you donated to since?

Second, there’s literally nothing stopping Blizzard for making it available for charity again, and people saying crap like “OH SO YOU WOULD ONLY DONATE ONLY IF YOU’D GET A SKIN” - ok, once again, back to my first point, would you have donated if you had NOT gotten the skin, and have you donated anything since then? Silly ideas and reasoning.

Third, we gotta break the effing market of it anyway, the accounts with the Pink skin are now being sold for ridiculous $800-$1000, by rereleasing the skin we can break that terrible market and maybe that money can be allocated elsewhere. If people are willing to shell out this much, even if you’re going to “MoRal PolIce” that crap how people are only doing it for the skin, keep in mind that charity receiving money is charity receiving money, literally nobody is being hurt in the process other than egos of people who wanted to have an EXcLusiVe SkiN.

Last but not least, Blizzard rereleased a bunch of OWL skins before as well, we didn’t get crap for having the skin earlier and that is fine, I personally don’t mind, and you had a chance to enjoy that skin for now, nearly half a decade.

So yes, maybe I’d buy it for the skin if it’s charity, but ultimately there’s nothing wrong with rereleasing this skin at this point.

5 Likes

Yeah just let the little bastard soiled af and let to die from starvation

Wait people are still talking about pink mercy? Move on.
There’s going to be so many new skins in ow2 i think the new complaint is ‘I can’t afford them all’

2 Likes

Instead of pink mercy, make a pink moira.

2 Likes

ONLY donating because you want to skin shows your main incentive is the skin. If that wasnt the case you would donate anyway. Again, when people own that thier main reason is the skin and they cant donate for any other reason then ill be fine with the skin coming back

2 Likes

When the arguments against your points are non existant they wont respond

1 Like

Absolutely good points. I would buy pink mercy and I don’t care about the charity aspect, and I have family that had BC.

2 Likes

So why don’t you donate yourself either? Why? I’m waiting? What’s up with moral policing when you yourself aren’t donating either. And yes, I did donate anyway, before I even knew about Overwatch.

Ultimately the entire counter argument against pink mercy returning stating “WHY DON’T YOU JUST DONATE ANYWAY” are literally bottom of a barrel dumbest ones that are ridiculously overdone.

And yes, I’d buy the Mercy skin regardless of the charity aspect.

I honestly didn’t even care so much about the skin, even after so many spam threads to return it, I still didn’t care so much, but after seeing so many idiotic arguments that are AGAINST it returning, I really, really want it brought back.

3 Likes

Im sorry mommy didnt teach you the meaning of “no”

3 Likes

Because i already have donated to charity, i didnt need pink mercy to do so.

2 Likes

Are you comparing those who want the skin to be returned to infants/toddlers who are unable to take care of themselves?

That is a very good point.

Why are you making assumptions about what people do or don’t donate? You’re talking about moral policing while making assumptions about donations while lording your own.

You’re entire post screams “I’m better than you” with how you talk to and treat people. Yet you accuse others of moral policing.