Bring back “Heroes Never Die!”

I’m not saying revert Mercy, I just want her old voice line back! It was the best in the game and it was so iconic! You could use it whenever she activates Valkyrie, and still have the “I will watch over you!” Just make it a 50/50 chance to hear either one. I can’t be the only one to miss “Heroes Never Die.”

249 Likes

“My Servants Never Die!” as well please

79 Likes

That’s another good one, I forgot about it but now I want it back too.

10 Likes

It’s the best voiceline of the gaaame ;u;

19 Likes

While we’re at it, I want Cultist Zenyatta’s creepy one back.

“Experience…nothingness…”

72 Likes

I saw a technical talk on Overwatch’s sound design where they actually explained why ultimate lines are the same every time: They want experienced players to develop a “Pavlovian response” to them where they instantly know what has happened and what they should do about it. So they won’t, and shouldn’t, alternate between two different lines.

9 Likes

And they had that with the old voice line. There was no reason to change it IMO, it was awesome.

8 Likes

Then fck “I’ll watch over you” I want to scream “MY SERVANTS NEVER DIE”

33 Likes

It is a funny one tbh but I never understood it. Lore-wise Mercy was always a caring and loving person, and now she’s calling her people servants? It’s funny though so I’m not complaining.

3 Likes

She becomes a badass Witch with the skin, all her teammates are her servants. I think i like this mostly because of her tone, is even more exciting than Heroes Never Die! xD

11 Likes

You’re right, I find it pretty cool too.

2 Likes

She still says it. I was playin competitive yesterday and she said it Rezing someone. I was like woah, haven’t heard that in a while

It’s not the same thing, it sounds depressing. Guess it’s because of the nerfs lul

15 Likes

She has depression because she was so used to being OP and now she’s balanced.

Before: Heroes NEVER DIE!!

After: sigh Heroes Never Die or something I guess, whatever.

30 Likes

She just needed some tweaks on rez not freaking moth wings. lul I hate Valkyrie

15 Likes

Honestly I don’t like “I will watch over you” as much as “heroes never die”.
Just doesn’t sound as impactful IMO.

17 Likes

Yeah I feel the same

1 Like

I made posts about this when the rework first was on the PTR and when it first went live, that was half a year ago… It’s pretty safe to say at this point that we will never hear the old Rez voice lines again.

It was lame even when she was OP. Her old ult voiceline was iconic. Now, she just whispers it. It doesn’t have that empowerment factor.

8 Likes

she wasn’t OP tbh, she just needed some tweaks and people should have tried to actually counter her instead of btching.

6 Likes